Debug level not take in account

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jiceher
    Participant

I’ve switch the debug level to 0 because I’ve many messages from the file scanner which have a debug level to 1 (L_SCAN).
    It seems it’s not working, I have always this annoying debug ….
    My version is svn-1359.

Any ideas ? Patching the sources ?

thanks

rpedde
    Participant

@jiceher wrote:

I’ve switch the debug level to 0 because I’ve many messages from the file scanner which have a debug level to 1 (L_SCAN).
    It seems it’s not working, I have always this annoying debug ….
    My version is svn-1359.

Any ideas ? Patching the sources ?

Log level 0 (fatal warnings) always get logged, as well as log level 1 (log to syslog/eventlog).

If you have a bunch of annoying log messages, they should probably be E_WARN, so they could be ignored I’d guess in 1379 it’s already been fixed, but if you told me what messages were annoying you, I could tune them to E_WARN.

— Ron

jiceher
    Participant

This is message from the mp3-scanner when I guess music files don’t have any tag at all.
    It could be annoying when you have a huge collection of files because these messages (“Short file:” and name of the file with complete path) are logged at each scan.
    So, even when I use a specific log, important messages are totally lost in too many warn form scan.

I have already patch my sources as you proposed to me and it fix the “bug” (in fact, it is not one).

thanks

jiceher
    Participant

For information the message is logged from the file “src/scan-mp3.c” line 834

rpedde
    Participant

@jiceher wrote:

It could be annoying when you have a huge collection of files because these messages (“Short file:” and name of the file with complete path) are logged at each scan.

If you get short file errors, those songs are almost certainly bad and unplayable. If you find one that says it’s a short file that actually plays in something, I’d like to see it, if that would be possible.

In the short term, I’m going to tune down those errors (and have it tracked as ticket #207, although the reason I keep them as E_LOG is because I wanted to be warned of corrupt or incompletely transferred songs so I could delete them.

jiceher
    Participant

yes you right these files cannot be viewed or played on itunes but we can meet this kind of files on a large songs database than the one I get and I used to test several music player.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.