DD-WRT setup

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    k3n85
    Participant

Nightly 1518
    WinXP SP2
    iTunes 7.1
    -No Firewall

I was curious if anyone was aware of any options in DD-WRT that would be preventing my Media Server from being seen on my Xbox or roommates computers?

CCRDude
    Participant

Anyone who can read the sticky probably 😉

DD-WRT is a wireless firmware, isn’t it? The answer would be the multicasting option.

richdunlop
    Participant

Running firefly on a slug wired to a Buffalo whr-hp-g54 that’s running dd-wrt v23 sp2. Works fine with both wired and wireless clients. i’d don’t *remember* changing any multicast options from stock but I’ll check that out for you. Have you any clients (wired) that can see the server?

Other possibilities for non-library discovery could be;

1. Active VPN client on the server.
    2. Anti-virus with ‘worm protection’ on the server.
    3. Anti-spyware on the server.

fizze
    Participant

Well, as a former DD-WRT user I’d advise stronlgy against using it.

If you can, switch to HyperWRT thibor or plain openWRT. DD-WRT is way too unstable. At least on my Linksys WRT54s it was.

Anyway, also with dd-wrt there were no multicasting issues with me either. mt-daapd and the soundbridge worked just nice. 🙂

richdunlop
    Participant

Ok – checked my setup and I couldn’t actually see any LAN multicast settings. There are some for UPNP which wouldn’t apply to Firefly and I have them disabled in any case. I guess multicast is enabled by default.

k3n85
    Participant

Well heres the weird thing, I have a router pulling a wireless signal down for internet, but have 2 machines and 2 xbox’s to the same router before going out. I’m able to see my iTunes share (7 to 7) but not the daap (firefly) share. Just can’t pinpoint where the FF is getting stopped at …

Opening ‘daap://172.31.x.x:3689’ in iTunes on another laptop it says Connecting .. then nothing

rpedde
    Participant

@k3n85 wrote:

Well heres the weird thing, I have a router pulling a wireless signal down for internet, but have 2 machines and 2 xbox’s to the same router before going out. I’m able to see my iTunes share (7 to 7) but not the daap (firefly) share. Just can’t pinpoint where the FF is getting stopped at …

Opening ‘daap://172.31.x.x:3689’ in iTunes on another laptop it says Connecting .. then nothing

That actually doesn’t work on firefly. Haven’t really look at what iTunes gives as a reponse to that, but I wanted the config page to live there anyway, so it probably won’t ever work like that. Sadly.

— Ron

k3n85
    Participant

Who knows what was wrong, uninstalled everything, installed 1519, and showed up in iTunes just fine. XBMC was another situation, wouldn’t want to connect for the longest time… finally after manually typing in the share through ‘add network share iTunes (DAAP)’ and a restart finally connected on only 3689. So gravy THANKs for putting up with my random situation

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.