Crossfire (webbased/iPhone/iPodtouch) streaming client

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Add-on Software Crossfire (webbased/iPhone/iPodtouch) streaming client

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

When I try to access the server from the iPhone I do get the main screen with the four buttons. However, when I initiate streaming I get the message “Loading Movie…” at the top of the screen and then after a few seconds get a further message in a window, the message stating “Can’t play that format.” or something similar.

I was able to get it to work on my laptop.

The only thing I have done is change the crossfire folder name to CF.

Any thoughts?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

What mediatype are you trying to play? The next version supports AAC 😀 (currently working on it), but the current release only supports mp3’s.
    Its also important you have an more recent Firefly version as the older mt-daapd doesnt seem to play nicely.

Cheers,
    Tony

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just try to find just right kind of client for me. I start to trying Crossfire. I have FireFly up and running. The cient side configuration is known, cause I just use Firefly client (Java application).

I unpack crossfire to my webroot (on MAC mini) and change IP and PORT just like FireFly client. I try to access http address http://ip/crossfire/index.html, but I get only empty screen with title “Crossfire – FireFly Media Client for Apple iPhone”.

I have trying with Firefox 3.0.1, and my mac mini’s Safari. Do I need really ipod touch or what can be wrong?

Anonymous
    Inactive

He rambe,

I have the same issue. Often it helps for me if I delete the index.html part in the url and reload. Not really nice but it is a workaround for me, for the moment.

BR

Rik

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yo’all,

I also get the ¨can´t play that format¨ error every now and than.
    I´ve checked and mostly itś mp3´s generating.
    For a moment the colored ´playing pop-up´ appears on screen but then itś grayed out.
    In the safari debugging console it says: ´Movie could not be played´.
    99.23% of my music library is MP3 but I get this error I guess in about 5% of the playing attempts.
    I´ll do some logging on the server side later this week and post it.

Other issue: The blanc screen on starting up CrossFire on Iphone:
    When this happens the debug cons. reads:

…0.5.0/js/jPint.js Can´t find variable:$A line 30

BR

Rik

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve located the issue with the grey screen, and as expected it was something todo with the way the iphone loads the resources. (sometimes it simply tries to render to fast, becuase of caching). In version 0.5.1 i created a small workaround, but in the next release i am going to combine the jPint and Prototype js files so its more reliable.

Cheers,
    Tony

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi edgecrusher,

I am getting an error message when trying to access the firefly server. It works fine on iTunes on my desktop but on the same desktop I get an error message (unfortunately it is in German):

Auflistung in Verzeichnis verweigert
    In diesem virtuellen Verzeichnis können keine Inhalte aufgelistet werden.

It means that in this virtual directory no contents can be listed. Any help?

Cheers,
    T.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@achmetinternet wrote:

Hi edgecrusher,

I am getting an error message when trying to access the firefly server. It works fine on iTunes on my desktop but on the same desktop I get an error message (unfortunately it is in German):

Auflistung in Verzeichnis verweigert
    In diesem virtuellen Verzeichnis können keine Inhalte aufgelistet werden.

It means that in this virtual directory no contents can be listed. Any help?

Cheers,
    T.

Well, I managed to get rid of that error message but the crossfire page remains blank without showing me any graphics…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Got it to work!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

PLEASE!! HOW did you make it work??
    I am using firefly on a freenas NAS and get exactly the same grey blank screen.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.