Crash on full db scan with svn-1050

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ted Harper
    Participant

NB: Also posted to the Firefly forum on the Rokulabs.com website.

I installed the latest nightly build (svn-1050, Windows version) and it seems to have upgraded successfully and started ok. The admin web interface came up, etc.

I stopped the service and deleted songs.db so it would rescan all the files (because of the WMA tag parsing enhancements listed in the release information for this build), and now as soon as I start the process the firefly.exe service crashes.

When I try running it from the command-line I get the following output:

C:Program FilesFirefly Media Server>firefly -d9
    Expanding precomments to 256
    Expanding precomments to 512
    Found 1 tokens in C:Music
    Token 1: C:Music
    Expanding precomments to 1024
    Expanding precomments to 2048
    Expanding precomments to 4096
    Found 2 tokens in rsp.dll,w32-event.dll
    Token 1: rsp.dll
    Token 2: w32-event.dll
    Checking existence of admin-root
    Checking existence of admin-root
    Checking existence of .
    Checking existence of .
    Checking existence of plugins
    Checking existence of plugins
    Loading new config file.
    Starting with debuglevel 9
    entering plugin_event_dispatch
    Checking rsp/1.0
    Checking rsp/1.0
    Checking rsp/1.0
    Checking w32-event/1.0
    Checking rsp/1.0
    Checking w32-event/1.0
    Checking rsp/1.0
    (and at this point I get the Dr Watson popup and can't proceed)

So it seems to me it isn’t getting very far. Not sure what the problem is but svn-1025 was working fine on the same system, and even svn-1050 looked to be ok until I deleted songs.db to give it a fresh start.

ted.h.

p.s. I uninstalled svn-1050 and reinstalled svn-1025, and it successfully does a full scan and runs correctly.

rpedde
    Participant

@Ted Harper wrote:

So it seems to me it isn’t getting very far. Not sure what the problem is but svn-1025 was working fine on the same system, and even svn-1050 looked to be ok until I deleted songs.db to give it a fresh start.

I’ll have a look at this now.

— Ron

rpedde
    Participant

@Ted Harper wrote:

Off-by-one bug that was present in 1025 but apparently didn’t make itself visible until 1050. Strange.

Anyway, 1055 is out there with the fix.

— Ron

Ted Harper
    Participant

I’m afraid I get exactly the same failure with svn-1055, even after a full uninstall (and physically checking the folders have been deleted) and “clean” install of the new version.

When I don’t include .wma files in the library I get a clean startup with svn-1055 (and also when they are included and I use a songs.db created by svn-1025 and don’t rescan), but when I delete songs.db and rescan including wma files, I get the same crash and same debug tracing as I posted above from svn-1050.

I have gone back to svn-1025 again (and deleted songs.db/rescanned the library with it) and it is running fine for me like that.

ted.h.

rpedde
    Participant

@Ted Harper wrote:

I’m afraid I get exactly the same failure with svn-1055, even after a full uninstall (and physically checking the folders have been deleted) and “clean” install of the new version.

When I don’t include .wma files in the library I get a clean startup with svn-1055 (and also when they are included and I use a songs.db created by svn-1025 and don’t rescan), but when I delete songs.db and rescan including wma files, I get the same crash and same debug tracing as I posted above from svn-1050.

I have gone back to svn-1025 again (and deleted songs.db/rescanned the library with it) and it is running fine for me like that.

ted.h.

Is it possible you can zip and email me the full -d9 (or -d10) logs at ron at pedde.com?

Ted Harper
    Participant

‘m sorry that I won’t get a chance to do this until at least another 24 hours, and possibly not even then.

Maybe someone else who can reproduce the same problem with svn-1055 can jump in in the meantime and provide Ron what he is asking for here so he can keep moving forward on it.

Specifically for anyone lurking and reading this (requirements are you are on Windows and have some WMA files – normal, non-DRM ones – in your library):

* Install svn-1055 (on Windows) and confirm it starts and works correctly.
    * Edit the config file to also include .wma files
    * Stop the service and delete songs.db.
    * Restart the service, so it begins a full scan and recreation of songs.db.
    * If you get a crash (Dr Watson popup), run “firefly -d10 > fireflylog.txt” from a command-prompt to capture the debugging output from startup to the crash, then zip and email to Ron.
    * If you don’t get a crash on a full rescan (on Windows, when you have some non-trivial number of WMA files), please post to here that you cannot repro the problem.

If two of us grabbing the nightly Win32 builds have posted on here with what seems to be the same problem, I’d say it definitely needs to be fixed before Ron can drop another “beta” build over on the Roku site.

ted.h.

rpedde
    Participant

@Ted Harper wrote:

* If you get a crash (Dr Watson popup), run “firefly -d10 > fireflylog.txt” from a command-prompt to capture the debugging output from startup to the crash, then zip and email to Ron.

That’s “firefly -d10 > fireflylog.txt 2>&1”.

If two of us grabbing the nightly Win32 builds have posted on here with what seems to be the same problem, I’d say it definitely needs to be fixed before Ron can drop another “beta” build over on the Roku site.

Yup, but I’m at a loss, since all my wmas come from a fresh shiny wmp 10 install, and of course don’t have any problems that probably come from other tagging software, etc.

Ted Harper
    Participant

Definitely fixed in svn-1082. I went through the same procedure as above after upgrading from svn-1025 to svn-1082 and now no crashes. I haven’t played any WMA tracks with the new build yet, but at least it is scanning happily now!

Thanks,
    ted.h.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.