Compiling debian package from nightly

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Nightlies Feedback Compiling debian package from nightly

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jxn
    Participant

Hi!

I downloaded nightly and tried to compile mt-daapd on my Linksys NSLU2 running Debian Testing. But I got some problems, so I wonder what I doing wrong here. Here is some info about my try to build the software:

$ uname -a
    Linux lillen 2.6.15-1-nslu2 #2 Tue Mar 7 17:36:32 UTC 2006 armv5tel GNU/Linux
    admin@lillen:~$ cat /etc/debian_version
    testing/unstable
    $ tar zxf mt-daapd-svn-1376.tar.gz
    $ cd mt-daapd-svn-1376
    $ fakeroot debian/rules binary
    checking whether setpgrp takes no argument... yes
    checking for pthread_creat in -lc_r... no
    checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
    Must use either --enable-sqlite or --enable-sqlite3
    dh_testdir
    # Add here commands to compile the package.
    /usr/bin/make
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/admin/Src/mt-daapd-svn-1376'
    make[1]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/admin/Src/mt-daapd-svn-1376'
    make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2
    $

Ok, so I install libsqlite3-dev and try again after in debian/rules add –enable-sqlite3

config.status: configure
    dh_testdir
    # Add here commands to configure the package.
    CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS)" ./configure --host=$(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE) --build=$(DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE) --prefix=/usr --mandir=$${prefix}/share/man --infodir=$${prefix}/share/info --enable-sqlite3

Try again

$ fakeroot debian/rules  binary
    dh_testroot
    dh_installchangelogs ChangeLog
    dpkg-parsechangelog: error: cannot open debian/changelog to find format: No such file or directory
    dh_installchangelogs: changelog parse failure
    make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1
    $

So, what to do about this? I dont understand what to do here, so I wonder if it’s something that I have done wrong? If there is any info missing, I will add it.

And while I hold the line, what about debian/control?

$ more debian/control
    Source: mt-daapd
    Section: sound
    Priority: optional
    Maintainer: Aubin Paul
    Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 4.0.0), libid3tag0-dev, zlib1g-dev, libgdbm-dev
    Standards-Version: 3.6.0

Package: mt-daapd
    Architecture: any
    Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}
    Description: iTunes-compatible DAAP server
    An iTunes server for Linux, Solaris, OSX, and other POSIX Unix machines.

$

Shouldn’t libsqlite3-dev be in Build-Depends:? And isn’t libgdbm-dev removed from the software? And wouldn’t it be good to add –enable-howl in debian/rules and libavahi-compat-howl-dev in Build-Depends:?

rpedde
    Participant

@Jxn wrote:

Hi!

Howdy!

Shouldn’t libsqlite3-dev be in Build-Depends:? And isn’t libgdbm-dev removed from the software? And wouldn’t it be good to add –enable-howl in debian/rules and libavahi-compat-howl-dev in Build-Depends:?

Yes to all.

The rules are set up from the last stable — 0.2.4, so it doesn’t reflect the new stuff yet. I do have my new build chain set up (woohoo!) and it’s building tarballs, armeb .ipks, and win32 packages automatically so far. I still need to get it to build osx packages automatically and fix the daap plugin on win32, and I’ll have the whole build thing going.

at that point, I’ll add x86, armeb, mipsel debs as well as mipsel ipks.

Then I’ll start working on the rpm distros. My point is, yes, you can fix up the rules stuff (and I’d even take any changes you made, as I’ll be doing the same thing!) or hang tight for a couple days (probably be tomorrow before the fixes for debian are in svn) and I’ll start dropping them as nightlies.

— Ron

Jxn
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@Jxn wrote:

Yes to all.

The rules are set up from the last stable — 0.2.4, so it doesn’t reflect the new stuff yet. I do have my new build chain set up (woohoo!) and it’s building tarballs, armeb .ipks, and win32 packages automatically so far. I still need to get it to build osx packages automatically and fix the daap plugin on win32, and I’ll have the whole build thing going.

at that point, I’ll add x86, armeb, mipsel debs as well as mipsel ipks.

Then I’ll start working on the rpm distros. My point is, yes, you can fix up the rules stuff (and I’d even take any changes you made, as I’ll be doing the same thing!) or hang tight for a couple days (probably be tomorrow before the fixes for debian are in svn) and I’ll start dropping them as nightlies.

— Ron

Great!
    I appre… apre… like your work here. Fast with answers on questions and makeing fixes.

I wait and test when you are done with it.

Thanks!

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

Any news on the debian package? I just downloaded the .deb from sourceforge only to realize my Soundbridge can’t use it (incompatible server…)

Regards,

/Bo

rpedde
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

Any news on the debian package? I just downloaded the .deb from sourceforge only to realize my Soundbridge can’t use it (incompatible server…)

Regards,

/Bo

Ah, yes. I actually have a debian (sarge) package building from the build system now, so I’ll have debian packages next nightly. Which will probably be as soon as I figure out the gapless transcoding problems.

— Ron

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

OK.

Meanwhile I’m trying to get the tarball (1400) to work on my debian-box, using the above info. This is what I’ve done so far:

1. ran fakeroot debian/rules binary. Result: complaining on “make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1”

2. Edited debian/control with the suggestions from JxN + added –enable-sqlite3 —-enable-howl in debian/rules.

3. Renamed contrib/mt-daapd.conf.templ to contrib/mt-daapd.conf

4. fakeroot debian/rules binary now finishes with a .deb package in outer directory called mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1393_i386.deb (name is wrong but so what?)

I install the package: dpkg -i mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1393_i386.deb but I cant start the server. I’ve edited the /etc/mt-daapd.conf and tried mt-daapd start, /etc/init.d/mt-daapd start, mt-daapd & but the server wont start.

What am I doing wrong here?

/Bo

Jxn
    Participant

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

Regards,

/Bo

Now I am a bringer of Good News!!! 😀

Mr Joshua Kwan has made a Debian package of mt-daapd, which is now in Debian/unstabel and Debian/testing. It’s named mt-daapd and version is 0.2.4+r1376-1.deb

jjh
    Participant

If I install Debian on a Linksys NSLU2 (see http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/ ) can I use the .deb packages provided by firefly’s sourceforge download page? I would tend to think that no, because of NSLU2’s ARM architecture, but then, I don’t really know too much about what stands behind these terms…

rpedde
    Participant

@jjh wrote:

If I install Debian on a Linksys NSLU2 (see http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/ ) can I use the .deb packages provided by firefly’s sourceforge download page? I would tend to think that no, because of NSLU2’s ARM architecture, but then, I don’t really know too much about what stands behind these terms…

No, those are the “other-endian” debian packages. ARM can run in two modes — the mode that that page references (little-endian), and the debonaras mode (big-endian). The packages I provide are big-endian (as I’m running debonaras on my slug).

Assuming you can get debian testing running on the slug using the instructions referenced (and I imagine you can, since it’s a supported debian arch), then you can get the package that’s in debian proper, which is based on svn-1376 (by switching to testing and apt-get installing mt-daapd).

— Ron

Jxn
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@jjh wrote:

Assuming you can get debian testing running on the slug using the instructions referenced (and I imagine you can, since it’s a supported debian arch), then you can get the package that’s in debian proper, which is based on svn-1376 (by switching to testing and apt-get installing mt-daapd).

— Ron

Yes, you can run mt-daapd package from debian/etch. I running this setup as I’m writing. Works great, after some tweaking, like disable converting between ogg and wav-formats. NSLU2 doesn’t have the calculation power to do this in real time. 🙂

/Jxn

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.