Case sensitive genras – setup issue or bug?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Case sensitive genras – setup issue or bug?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    LovinFireFly
    Participant

I’ve got the latest Nightly running on XP and Kbuntu and one small but annoying thing I have found is that genres are case sensitive. It’s the same on both XP and Kbuntu.

This may apply to other fields as well, but the only one I’ve noticed so far is genre. For example Rock and rock are treated the same on WMP and WMC but on Firefly they are treated differently so I end up with two genres under the Browse Genres on my Soundbridge.

Is there some setting somewhere to turn that off and treat them the same? My work around was to go edit all my genres and make sure they were all the same but when I download some album info from the net, sometimes it’s not exactly the same case wise.

I thought I would put it here before mentioning in the feature request forum.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Michael

rpedde
    Participant

@LovinFireFly wrote:

I’ve got the latest Nightly running on XP and Kbuntu and one small but annoying thing I have found is that genres are case sensitive. It’s the same on both XP and Kbuntu.

It’s on the bug list, but I had a pass at fixing it once before and it’s ugly with the sql backend. Once I refactor the db, I’ll probably fix that, but it’s a post-db overhaul thing.

But yeah, it’s on the “to be fixed” list.

LovinFireFly
    Participant

Cool beans. That’s good enough for me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.