cannot find playlists on itunes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I recently installed itunes, bonjour and firefly to get around a damaged version of media player.

I have;
    soundbridge version 3.0.44
    XP SP2
    Bonjour 1.04
    firefly 1.0-1359
    iTunes 7.5

I have pointed iTunes to my existing library, and it shows up, and it plays. I have full funcionality ie browse, search etc.

I have created a playlist within iTunes, but it does not show via the soundbridge.

within the congiguration utility it asks for the playlist file. where is this located, and is it just the file name, or is the whole path required?

I have tried putting the iTunes library file into this box, but it does nothing, even after restarts and rescans.

iTunes is set to share playlists, and specifically the created playlist. no passwords are set up.
    how do I get my soundbridge to see the playlists that iTunes can?

Anonymous
    Inactive

😳

after many a hour I’ve cracked it, so here goes just for the record, and for anybody else having these issues.

My music files are not stored in the MY MUSIC folder within windows, they just aren’t…….

iTunes installed itself in the MY MUSIC folder, so it created a music library file(.xml) within the iTunes folder (in MY MUSIC).

I had pointed firefly to my music folder, but the iTunes library was not in this folder, so I had to create another path to the MY MUSIC folder(via the web config tool, advanced options) to enable firefly to see the iTunes library files. Then insert the file name into the playlist file box in the config tool.

sorted, and its sweet.

soooooo much faster than media 11 🙂

squashuax
    Participant

I’ve been trying to get iTunes playlists to stream to my Roku Soundbridge via Firefly 1673 on an NAS. Firefly is running on a Maxtor MSS+, and everything works except the iTunes playlists.

Trying to follow your directions, I set both the Music Folder and Playlist File to /shares/mss-hdd/Compaq_Owner/My Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/.

No luck.

Can you describe your setup in more detail? iTunes 7.5 is installed on my Win XP PC, and Firefly is installed and running on the NAS. I moved all of my music filed to the NAS, pointed the iTunes music folder to the NAS, and exported a copy of the library.xml file to the same folder on the NAS. Firefly is set to process playlists and iTunes files.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

sonichouse
    Participant

The xml file has to have a specific name.
    This post has more details http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=6889

squashuax
    Participant

Thank you!

All I needed to do was rename the “Library.xml” file to “iTunes Library.xml”, and now everything works perfectly.

I am running Firefly Version svn-1673 on Maxtor Shared Storage Plus NAS, streaming via Linksys WRT54GS WiFi through Roku Soundbridge M-1001 (without turning on a PC!) and it works great.

By the way, because Seagate bough Maxtor, the MSS+ can be found on clearance at staples for <$50.00. Now that I finally have playlists working, this system is **almost** perfect. The only thing missing is the ability to stream drm protected files from the iTunes store, but I think a possible workaround is to burn to CD and then back to iTunes.

Thanks again for your help.

sonichouse
    Participant

@squashuax wrote:

Now that I finally have playlists working, this system is **almost** perfect. The only thing missing is the ability to stream drm protected files from the iTunes store, but I think a possible workaround is to burn to CD and then back to iTunes.

Thanks again for your help.

No problem.

re-ripping from CD will work.

The alternative is to pay Apple more money and upgrade to itunes+ if the albums are available.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.