Can not start Firefly on NSLU2…

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Can not start Firefly on NSLU2…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

./mt-daapd: error while loading shared libraries: libFLAC.so.7: cannot open shar
    ed object file: No such file or directory

This is the output when I try to start firefly on a NSLU2. I have followed the installation guide in the wikis and everything seems to be working fine on the NSLU2 except firefly. Updated the IPKG and installed latest nightly…

rpedde
    Participant

@alfaskop wrote:

./mt-daapd: error while loading shared libraries: libFLAC.so.7: cannot open shar
    ed object file: No such file or directory

This is the output when I try to start firefly on a NSLU2. I have followed the installation guide in the wikis and everything seems to be working fine on the NSLU2 except firefly. Updated the IPKG and installed latest nightly…

have you tried “ipkg install libflac”?

Not sure why it would be missing it. Are you using the stable version, or the nightlies version?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have tried to use “ipkg install libflac” but that does not work. Although a package called “flac” is installed and reinstalled using “ipkg install flac”.

I’m using latest nightly….

fizze
    Participant

hm – are you running unslung?
    maybe your LIBs aint set up to point ot /opt/lib instead of just /lib.

check the /opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd script to see the lib export paths, and then see where your flac libs are installed, really.

in unslung 6.8 at leas, they should reside in /opt/lib

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fizze wrote:

hm – are you running unslung?
    maybe your LIBs aint set up to point ot /opt/lib instead of just /lib.

check the /opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd script to see the lib export paths, and then see where your flac libs are installed, really.

in unslung 6.8 at leas, they should reside in /opt/lib

I don’t know what’s wrong, but I’m running unslung 6.8, the latest, downloaded it yesterday.

in /opt/lib/ libflac.so and libflac.so.8 can be found…

The S60mt-daapd script points to /opt/lib

But when I try to start mt-daapd it can not find libflac.so.7….could that be something?

fizze
    Participant

hm, did you try to symlink libFLAC.so.7 to libFLAC.so.8 ?

might do the trick, but Im quite sure I didnt have to do some workaround.
    I’ll check when Im home, though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fizze wrote:

hm, did you try to symlink libFLAC.so.7 to libFLAC.so.8 ?

might do the trick, but Im quite sure I didnt have to do some workaround.
    I’ll check when Im home, though.

sorry, but how?

fizze
    Participant
    ln -s file1 file2

that creates a symlink named file2 which links to file1.
    As it is only a symbolic link, those are not handled as a unity, like hardlinks.

a symlink is under windows resembled by a shortcut, kinda.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fizze wrote:

ln -s file1 file2

that creates a symlink named file2 which links to file1.
    As it is only a symbolic link, those are not handled as a unity, like hardlinks.

a symlink is under windows resembled by a shortcut, kinda.

Thanks, seems to be working. Can not access the firefly server externally…can only use SSH…

jtbse
    Participant

hmmm..

This thread made me curious, so I poked around on my own NSLU2. All of my libFLAC shared libraries and symlinks reference libFLAC.so.7something, but it also looks like if I did a ipkg upgrade, it would upgrade FLAC from v1.1.2-4 to v1.1.3-1.

I wonder if upgrading FLAC would change the lib names and and symlinks to libFLAC.so.8something…..which I’m guessing might make mt-daapd choke?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.