Can I create playlists based on file paths?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Can I create playlists based on file paths?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dn15
    Participant

I just added Firefly/mt-daapd to a Linux machine that acts as a media server in my house. This shared server contains music contributed by different members of my household. On the hard disk that contains the music files, each person has a folder (“David’s Music”, “Ben’s Music”, etc.)

Is there a way to make a smart playlist that contains only the music of each user, so people can choose whether to play from the merged library of everyon’s music or just their own? I was hoping to filter them by the path of the songs on the filesystem, but I can’t find any criteria in the smart playlist wizard to do this.

I understand I could add an ID3 tag with the originator’s name, but that’s an inelegant solution and we’d have to remember to add it to all new songs in the future too.

Any suggestions, or is it simply not possible?

Thanks in advance!

CCRDude
    Participant

I don’t see the filename or path on the SmartPlaylists page yet, but if its just about those folders, you could add a cronjob that would dump the files of those folders into separate standard m3u playlists. They’re not smart playlists then, but them being updated once a night when the cronjob is running should be sufficient ๐Ÿ˜‰

dn15
    Participant

Thanks for pointing me to that SmartPlaylists info page! Actually it does list “path” as a valid criteria to use. It works just the way I wanted! I should have just tried that to begin with. ๐Ÿ™‚

CCRDude
    Participant

Ouch, I just typed in “filep”, then “filen” in my search bar, should have read more carefully ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.