Can Firefly stream movies and pictures?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Can Firefly stream movies and pictures?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    HDPete
    Participant

I thought that Firefly could only stream audio (which I have working great on my Terastation). But reading through other posts, there are some suggestions that it can also stream video.

Can it also stream pictures (.jpg)?

The reason for asking is that I am looking to replace Twonky with Firefly for the PS3 (but accept that I’ll have to wait until Firefly is DLNA compliant).

I love Firefly because it transcodes .flacs for my Roku so well!

Cheers
    Pete

rpedde
    Participant

@HDPete wrote:

I thought that Firefly could only stream audio (which I have working great on my Terastation). But reading through other posts, there are some suggestions that it can also stream video.

Can it also stream pictures (.jpg)?

The reason for asking is that I am looking to replace Twonky with Firefly for the PS3 (but accept that I’ll have to wait until Firefly is DLNA compliant).

I love Firefly because it transcodes .flacs for my Roku so well!

Cheers
    Pete

It does stream video, but doesn’t transcode, so it must be .m4v or .mpg, or .mov.

Just add those extensions to your extensions line.

— Ron

luki3k5
    Participant

Hi,

Ihave mov and m4v movies but my itunes just playes music – no
    video at all 🙁
    Any clue please ?

Thanks in advance
    Lukasz

rpedde
    Participant

@luki3k5 wrote:

Hi,

Ihave mov and m4v movies but my itunes just playes music – no
    video at all 🙁
    Any clue please ?

Thanks in advance
    Lukasz

You must be using nightlies, and .mov and .m4v must be in your “extensions” config entry, and the files must be underneath the mp3_dir and world readable.

If you don’t see the video files, I think it’s probably one of those things.

— Ron

luki3k5
    Participant

Thanks for an answere, however I can see files in iTunes – sorry for not making that clear, I can see them but when I play there is only sound no video… I have mov and m4v in my config files as wiki site says. Is there anything else I am missing ?

Thanks
    Lukasz

rpedde
    Participant

@luki3k5 wrote:

Thanks for an answere, however I can see files in iTunes – sorry for not making that clear, I can see them but when I play there is only sound no video… I have mov and m4v in my config files as wiki site says. Is there anything else I am missing ?

Thanks
    Lukasz

There were several bugged releases like that. Either try latest nightlies, or back to 1586. Either of those should work.

Oh, and you’ll have to do a full rescan of your library from the web interface.

— Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.