Can anyone help with my install on HP MSS?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Can anyone help with my install on HP MSS?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All.

I am having problems trying to stream my MP3s using Firefly on my HP MediaSmart server, These are the steps I have done to try to get this working.

All my MP3’s are located on the MSS in the d:sharesmusic forlder

1. Set up BT Home Hub to port forward 9999 to my home server
    2. Set up an exception in the firewall on MSS to allow Firefly traffic on 9999
    3. Copied the 4 Fireplay (inc txt file) V 0.86 files into the correct directory within Firefly directories
    4. Turn on media sharing and Itunes
    5. Reboot server.
    6. Log in locally using http://192.168.***.***:9999/index.html
    7. Check that the path/port and all other references are correct.
    8. The program appears to be adding my MP3s into its database
    9. When scanning stops log into http://192.168.***.***:9999/fireplay.html

Also enabled multicast on Home Hub

Interface loads but no music files/librarys appear.

10. Go back into http://192.168.***.***:9999/index.html………….. Crash!!! Then all of the following happens…MSS knocked off line(icon goes grey)/ console locks up (no access) / remote desktop locks (flashing icon indicating loss of connection) etc etc.

11. Reboot server and desktop
    12. Go back to 10. ?

Have I missed some setup/configuration steps?
    Does firefly pick up the database librarys on its own?

I have tried WebGuide 4 (now uninstalled) and while this is ok..ish… I would still like to use Firefly/Fireplay as it is such a lightweight solution to my needs.

I do not want to use ORB or the likes as I want to use my own server and not have to go through someones elses service.

Any ideas guys….I have fiddled with this for hours now, turning off firewalls completely etc etc… nothing…still the same Crash after Crash after Crash Cycle.

Cheers.

Cliff.

stretch
    Participant

It could be a corrupted id tag within a music file.

Delete the songs database file, file name will be songs.db or songs3.db.
    Edit the config file and set error logging to level 5.

Restart Firefly & wait for it to crash.

When it does, take a look at the error log to see what it’s choking on.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your prompt reply STRETCH.

Firefly itself does not crash, its when when I go into index.html to do any kind of checking of configs or paths etc etc then it crashes.

It does not crash within fireplay.html, all i get is the interface boxes and words on the screen but no libraries or music files appear.

I have just over 20,000 mp3’s seperated into albums with album art and m3u’s …would that make a difference or cause problems?

I will do the deleting bit and see what happens.

Thanks massively for your help as I cant afford to lose any more hair. 🙂

Cliff

stretch
    Participant

@cliffy wrote:

its when when I go into index.html to do any kind of checking of configs or paths etc etc then it crashes.

It does not crash within fireplay.html, all i get is the interface boxes and words on the screen but no libraries or music files appear.

I’ve seen this on my NSLU, the index page would partially load & clients could connect but not retrieve a list of songs.

The database was corrupted.

EVILRipper
    Participant

In other words, to fix a corrupted database:

Stop firefly
    Delete the database (songs.db or songs3.db)
    Start firefly.

Should take a while as firefly will create a DB from scratch before running adminpage.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gi Guys.

Tried the suggestions given and also the password workaround in XP but no luck…still crash crash crash… I give up. thanks anyway guys.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.