Artist/Album/Song Option in Smart Playlist

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Feature Requests Artist/Album/Song Option in Smart Playlist

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I would like to be presented with artist/album/song when browsing a smart playlist. Here’s an example of how I use smart playlists: I found that when adding a new CD to my collection, unless I remembered what I bought (which is getting increasingly difficult of late 😯 ), it would sometimes get lost in my collection. So…I created a smart playlist to easily give me access to all the music I added in the last 60 days. I also use it to create playlists for “Rock Music from this Century”, which can be a very large playlist for me. Unfortunately, as I navigate through my playlists, I only see titles. What I’d prefer is for the smart playlist to be presented like “Browse Artists” does.

Can that currently be done? Can it be an added feature?

rpedde
    Participant

@pmorris wrote:

I would like to be presented with artist/album/song when browsing a smart playlist. Here’s an example of how I use smart playlists: I found that when adding a new CD to my collection, unless I remembered what I bought (which is getting increasingly difficult of late 😯 ), it would sometimes get lost in my collection. So…I created a smart playlist to easily give me access to all the music I added in the last 60 days. I also use it to create playlists for “Rock Music from this Century”, which can be a very large playlist for me. Unfortunately, as I navigate through my playlists, I only see titles. What I’d prefer is for the smart playlist to be presented like “Browse Artists” does.

Can that currently be done? Can it be an added feature?

That’s something that would have to be done on the player side, not the server side

— Ron

fizze
    Participant

Rhythmbox, for instance, already does that.

I suppose you use a SoundBridge as a client, which sadly lacks that feature.

rpedde
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

Rhythmbox, for instance, already does that.

I suppose you use a SoundBridge as a client, which sadly lacks that feature.

The RSP protocol allows for browsing through any playlist by album, artist, etc, though. Just that the SB doesn’t use it. (sadly).

Also allows for search through a playlist, rather than searching through the whole library, but again the SB doesn’t implement that right now.

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.