Applet feature request

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bo Mellberg
    Participant

Hi!

I don’t know whos developing the applet, so I ask here:

Is there a way to make the songs order by track number instead of alfabetically? As of now, all albums are played not by track number but alfabetically.

/Bo

fizze
    Participant

hm why would this be related to the applet?
    I guess you are refering to firefly, in general.

Probably true, for files which lack ID3 info.
    I have most of my files saved as artist/album/## – title
    where ## is for the track number. This is but the safest way to store music files I can think of. Works even without tags.

But I admit that sorting in firefly is kinda messy, atm.

Bo Mellberg
    Participant

All files are tagged offcourse. I have the same directory structure as you:

Audio/Artist/Album/## – Title

But firefly couldnt care less about file structure. It goes only on the tags. What I mean is the applet does not have a column “Track nbr” to sort by.

It has to do with how the applet present the files, so it is in all means a matter of the applet and not firefly in general.

fizze
    Participant

what “applet” are you talking about?

CCRDude
    Participant

Probably http://a.b.c.d:3689/applet.html … in which case the feature request should probably be to
    A. add a track# column and
    B. make all columns sortable by clicking on the corresponding column header.

rpedde
    Participant

@CCRDude wrote:

Probably http://a.b.c.d:3689/applet.html … in which case the feature request should probably be to
    A. add a track# column and
    B. make all columns sortable by clicking on the corresponding column header.

The daap applet was a stripped down version of one of the java daap clients (git, maybe?) by the guy in this thread.

It looks, though, like the hosted site has gone to the giant bit-bucket in the sky.

If I didn’t detest java with a passion that borders on psychosis, I might be willing to hack on it a bit myself, but my previously mentioned hatred prevents me from doing so.

Sadly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.