Adding folder with ‘ in the name

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Adding folder with ‘ in the name

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    dreamer

On dapper svn-1463:

I still have a folder on NTFS called /MP3’s/ I’m having trouble adding this folder (probably due to the ‘ ). Does anybody know how I can fix this?

I’m hoping to get a new disk soon, so I can change the name of this folder in ext3.

CCRDude
    Participant

In German, we call this Deppenapostroph since many use this ‘ for building the plural.

Guess in English it’s getting incorrect more and more as well… so why don’t you jsut rename the folder to its correct form MP3s? ๐Ÿ˜† (or is there any special reason you can’t rename it currently? If it’s just about NTFS, some kind of live CD with NTFS writing enabled (or even a BartPE CD) may suffice if its just that you don’t have any Windows installed currently).

(and yes, I’m allowed to make fun of it, I’m not really better since I made the same mistake when creating the smart playlist wizard ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

fizze
    Participant

Also, you have to know about the infamous Deppen Leerzeichen ๐Ÿ˜€

Normally in UNIX ‘special’ characters are handled with a preceding (backslash) character. this is the escape character, and the character after this is not treated ‘special’.

In UNIX in most shells the ‘ character includes a command that is executed by the shell, and its output is being inserted in the current expression.

most famous is prolly something like:

apt-get install gcc_'uname'*
    rpedde
    Participant

@dreamer wrote:

On dapper svn-1463:

I still have a folder on NTFS called /MP3’s/ I’m having trouble adding this folder (probably due to the ‘ ). Does anybody know how I can fix this?

I’m hoping to get a new disk soon, so I can change the name of this folder in ext3.

Ugh. Can you mount it utf-8? Or make your mp3 dir a folder up?

dreamer

I can’t ‘make’ anything of it. The folder resides on an ntfs-disk and I can’t change anything about it (or else risking corrupting everything).

But, I’ll keep everything on hold for a couple more weeks when I get my new disks (holliday madness huh)

rpedde
    Participant

@dreamer wrote:

I can’t ‘make’ anything of it. The folder resides on an ntfs-disk and I can’t change anything about it (or else risking corrupting everything).

But, I’ll keep everything on hold for a couple more weeks when I get my new disks (holliday madness huh)

Yeah, I got that. But can you set your mp3_dir to a folder just above that.

Like rather than /mnt/ntfs/MP3’s, use /mnt/ntfs?

dreamer

^ oh yeah, I tried that, didn’t work. I get a “Error: 500general:mp3_dir”

dreamer

btw, the dir is

/media/hda3/Muziek/MP3’s/

or

/media/hda3/Muziek/ which gives the 500 error.

dreamer

ok, I now changed permissions on /media/ and it will accept the folder in the config, but when I scan for files I get:

$ sudo mt-daapd -f start
    Firefly Version svn-1463: Starting with debuglevel 2
    Starting rendezvous daemon
    Starting signal handler
    Initializing database
    Signal handler started
    Starting web server from /usr/share/mt-daapd/admin-root on port 3689
    Registering rendezvous names
    Serving 82 songs. Startup complete in 0 seconds
    Rescanning database
    Rendezvous socket closed (daap server crashed?) Aborting.
    Aborting
    Segmentation fault
    fizze
    Participant

ok, can you set the debuglevel to 9 ?
    This will give a real verbosive log output ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.