Adding album art

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    marnix

first i have to say i am a total newbie to linux. have tried to use it several times, but with no luck. This week I started again and have a bit more luck and information

Got a server running with debian and some programs including mt-daapd
    The only thing I can get to work is the album art to show up in itunes.

I installed mt-daapd with the .deb package and edited the config file to use my mp3 album dir. In the config file I have art filename setup as albumart.jpg

I copied the album picture as albumart.jpg in the folder where the mp3 files are, but it doesn’t show up in ituens. I used the searched and found out that I have to set album art to now playing, but no luck.

Can somebody give me more hints to get this to work ??

Post edited by: marnix, at: 2006/02/01 18:40

rpedde
    Participant

Make sure that albumart.jpg is readable by the mt-daapd “runas” user. Then, you can try running it with the -d9 argument. You might want to specify a logfile in the config, too. Once you have that, run it and and connect to a song that should have cover art.

Then check to log and see where it’s trying to open the cover art file. See if anything obvious pops out at you. If not, then gzip up the log file and mail it to me at ron at pedde.com, and I’ll see what I can make of it.

— Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.