A strange one with 1236

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MCFH
    Participant

Ron,
    I have a M1000, M2000, and R1000 connected to my media server running WMC, iTunes and now Firefly. The M2000 and R1000 are connecting fine. The M1000 seems to have issues it can see the WMC and iTunes server but can’t see Firefly.

It is possible that this is down to a slightly flakey wi-fi connection (need to run more cable…) as from the server side UPnP shows it but errors when I try and connect to it.

I have rebooted the M1000 and it connected fine to iTunes but not Firefly. Stopping and restarting Firefly didn’t help either.

It can’t be the Bonjour stack since iTunes works so it must be inside your app….
    Any thoughts?
    Mark

fizze
    Participant

are you sure you have the rsp plugin activated ? and you run the latest beta firmware on your SBs ?

other than that it takes a while until firefly announces itself thru rendezvous. you could see it in the log if it does.

MCFH
    Participant

Firefly was working fine via both RSP and DAAP to the other M2000 and R1000 so yes!

fizze
    Participant

well, there are means to diagnose a flaky conn…. tried the good old-fashioned ping -t ?

MCFH
    Participant

fizze,
    You’re missing my point – iTunes worked but Firefly didn’t on the M1000 and Firefly worked on the other Soundbridges (they streamed fine). However I rebooted the SB and that didn’t cure it suggesting a Firefly issue.

Therefore either the bonjour stack was messed up (unlikely since iTunes worked) or something between the SB and Firefly was messed up whereby a new ‘announce’ broadcast wasn’t handled correctly e.g. you cache the list of connected devices and, if a ‘announce’ arrives when you haven’t had the ‘goodbye’ it isn’t being added correctly and hence the new device never completes the detection phase.

I imagine that it is something like this since the SB had clearly suffered a connection loss in some way shape or form.

Mark

rpedde
    Participant

Firefly was messed up whereby a new ‘announce’ broadcast wasn’t handled correctly

Except it’s just a multicast query and response. If you can’t see it, it’s almost certainly a networking problem. There isn’t any convoluted session tracking registration whatever. Just a multicast query and a multicast response.

If you don’t see it, then there is a firewall or a router disallowing multicast between them, almost certainly.

MCFH
    Participant

Except that iTunes, which uses the same Bonjour stack, worked (including receiving the broadcasts) which is odd., and I have had firefly stream to the M1000.

Ron – one other thought – have you stress tested firefly in terms of the number of concurrent clients or got any limits there – I am streaming to 3 devices?

rpedde
    Participant

@MCFH wrote:

Except that iTunes, which uses the same Bonjour stack, worked (including receiving the broadcasts) which is odd., and I have had firefly stream to the M1000.

Ron – one other thought – have you stress tested firefly in terms of the number of concurrent clients or got any limits there – I am streaming to 3 devices?

Dunno, then.

If I had a device that seemed to be having networking problems over wifi, though, I’d probably connect it wired and see what additional data points that gave me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.