a scan did not recognize deleted songs in the filesystem

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion a scan did not recognize deleted songs in the filesystem

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello together,

it’s more than 2 years ago, that i compiled a mt-daapd-source, then i’ve had the problem, that a scan through the MP3-filebase on the part of mt-daapd did not recognize if files were deleted and no longer available. The author of mt-daapd fixed the problem in a nighty release and it works fine.

Now i’ve got new hardware, so that i setup a complete new linux system. I download “mt-daapd-0.2.4.tar.gz”, compiled it and it works at first go.

But now i have the same problem like before. If i delete songs and do a scan, the deleted songs stay in the database.

My filestructure looks like this:

/MP3/Artist01/Album01/Songfiles
    /MP3/Artist01/Album02/Songfiles
    /MP3/Artist01/Album03/Songfiles
    /MP3/Artist02/Album01/Songfiles
    /MP3/Artist03/Album01/Songfiles

Now i’ve saw that one album-name was not correct and i renamed it like

before: /MP3/Artist01/Album01/Songfiles
    now: /MP3/Artist01/AlbumNew/Songfiles

A scan did not update the database so that the old songs were shown in iTunes, but not playable and the “new” songs, if we think that mt-daapd should recognize the renamed folder then as new songs, were not show, too …

Whats wrong?

kind regards
    Alhifi

BTW: Sorry for my bad english …

stretch
    Participant

mt-daapd-0.2.4 is a very old version.

The problems are fixed but you have to switch to a newer version.
    Visit the nightlies page for a newer version

fizze
    Participant

Do a “Full Scan” instead. That flushes all entries out of the DB and builds a new one from scratch.

A “Scan” just updates songs and adds new ones.

As far as I remember, this features where well available in mt-daapd 0.2.4.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@stretch wrote:

mt-daapd-0.2.4 is a very old version.

The problems are fixed but you have to switch to a newer version.
    Visit the nightlies page for a newer version

Yes, 0.2.4 is old, but the only as “stable” marked version, so i tried this release first … and wonder, that the bug i reported still is in there. I also tried the latest nightly version, but could not compile it, because i do not have sqlite installed. I will try again this evening … thank you!

Bye
    Alhifi

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fizze wrote:

A “Scan” just updates songs and adds new ones.

What kind of update? Like changed ID3Tags or something like this? But how could a scan “update” a song which is no longer available? And the “new” songs in the other (renamed) folder were not imported … i think its a big bug … and i can not understand instead of this, why this old “buggy” version ist still downloadable.

As a normal user i would always choose a “stable” version first …

Bye
    Alhifi

fizze
    Participant

A new stable version is due for release very soon.
    Plus, a whole lot has changed behind the scenes πŸ˜‰

I can really vouch for nightly v1463, which has been running for almost 100 days straight on my slug, and I use it everyday.

Feel free to check http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay, now after one and a half our trying to install the last nighly 1586 i finally solved my local problems and this version is running …

But … what is that ??? 😯
    Where is the “art_filename”-feature ??? πŸ˜₯
    Why has it been disabled ???

Bye
    Alhifi

rpedde
    Participant

@Alhifi wrote:

Okay, now after one and a half our trying to install the last nighly 1586 i finally solved my local problems and this version is running …

But … what is that ??? 😯

Bye
    Alhifi

The art_filename made the code really gross, and it was making adding features hard. So I killed it.

With 0.2.4, the problem was that the file was renamed, not deleted. So it saw that the file itself hadn’t changed, so it didn’t re-index it. The way to fix that would have been to delete the songs.gdb in /var/cache/mt-daapd and let it re-scan.

That’s a dumb (and long-standing) bug. My bad. πŸ™

As far as the art_filename goes, you can use something like mp3tag to import cover art from folder images: (I found this on a board somewhere):

You can use http://mp3tag.de/en/index.html
    Load your files, select them, press Shift+Alt+5 and choose “Import cover from file”
    Then just enter folder.jpg as format string and let it work.

— Ron

fizze
    Participant

@Alhifi wrote:

But … what is that ??? 😯

At least you cant hold me accountable for this one, since I didnt vouch for that version πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

Anonymous
    Inactive

@rpedde wrote:

The art_filename made the code really gross, and it was making adding features hard. So I killed it.

Mhhh, that’s really bad, i love especially this feature of firefly. I connect the server via iTunes …

As far as the art_filename goes, you can use something like mp3tag to import cover art from folder images

But make this not the mp3-files bigger, when i save a cover to each soundfile? If a have a 2-CD-album with 40 songs, i have the size of 40 covers more …

I’m not a programmer, but if you have the code for art_filename, is it not possible to seperate them by default in an extra file and it will be implemeted during a ./configure only with a parameter like –with-art_filename ?

The actual nightly version seems to be much better than the stable 0.2.4, but the art_filename-feature for me as an example is more important than the possibility to edit/create smart lists (or what they called, sorry, i’m @work).

I consider to switch back to 0.2.4 … to have art_filename again … okay, and the bug about the deleted files …

Bye
    Alhifi

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.