48kHz wav files not found using the Firefly File scanner

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues 48kHz wav files not found using the Firefly File scanner

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    _garkoana
    Participant

I have Firefly up and running on XP streaming my music library stored on iTunes via the Roku Soundbridge.

Everythings running fine except some tiny little issue:

My music library is almost entirely made up of wav files. A good part of them are 48kHz wav digitalized from tape.

When I let Firefly scan the iTunes library it detects all files but not the 48kHz wav. I cannot find the reason for this. I tried to convert some of them to standard CD quality wav with no success. Firefly still won’t recognize them in the 44kHz wav format. Converting them to mp3 or other formats does the trick but thats not what I want.

I’ve browsed the forum and found nothing covering that topic (unless I missed something).

Any ideas?

stretch
    Participant

Have you added the .wav extension to the music format list in the configuration section?

_garkoana
    Participant

Yes, of course I did.

What strikes me most is the fact, that “normal” wav files ripped from CD are found while “manually” converted ones in the same format are not.

rpedde
    Participant

@_garkoana wrote:

Yes, of course I did.

What strikes me most is the fact, that “normal” wav files ripped from CD are found while “manually” converted ones in the same format are not.

Can you email me a short one at [email protected]?

_garkoana
    Participant

😀

Ok, finally I worked it out. Just converted them using dBpoweramp from DAT audio quality to DAT audio quality (!) and put them back to iTunes. Now they are found when scanning with firefly.

Looks like the original format was not quite so standard. Maybe something missing in the header description.

rpedde
    Participant

@_garkoana wrote:

😀

Ok, finally I worked it out. Just converted them using dBpoweramp from DAT audio quality to DAT audio quality (!) and put them back to iTunes. Now they are found when scanning with firefly.

Looks like the original format was not quite so standard. Maybe something missing in the header description.

That could be. I’d still like to see the wav header so I could see what was up with it.

— Ron

rmgreen

I have ripped quite a few CD’s to WAV using Windows Media Player 11 – can’t see them on Roku SoundBridge. Firefly log reports “Invalid wav header”.

rpedde
    Participant

@rmgreen wrote:

I have ripped quite a few CD’s to WAV using Windows Media Player 11 – can’t see them on Roku SoundBridge. Firefly log reports “Invalid wav header”.

Can you email me a short one at [email protected]?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.