20051114 …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    eddieb
    Participant

1st impression …

sorry, I dont like the light blue background of the webinterface.

It has not enought contrast and gives me a badly readable page …

When I click the “start scan” button, the page shifts and my “connect” password shows readable in the page … Not to secure …

Better make all passwd fields ******

Eddie

CCRDude
    Participant

Thanks for the password field hint, I haven’t yet worked on that page so far, will look at it ๐Ÿ™‚

Regarding the colors: a question of personal preferences imho :laugh: but the intention is to be able to select skins (means: simply a different CSS file). That should make a simple black’n’white or similar-colors-to-old-one possible quite easily.

Mike
    Participant

So all of my ogg id3tag parsing woes from the last nightly are fixed, which is great to see. My old .conf file was borked though, due to the change in the ssc confic line, but that was easy to fix as well. All in all, the daemon is performing admirably (although I haven’t tried the cover art thing again yet).
    As for the web admin page…
    Yeah, the colours remind me of a childrens hospital or dental clinic. But that’s fine, css is wonderful ๐Ÿ™‚
    Things to consider: perhaps someone would contribute a little time and include a playlist howto on the playlist page. Just a little primer of what options there are, and a couple simple examples.
    Also, the feedback page doesn’t work for me. It loads and all, but I can’t actually submit any feedback that way.
    My admin password is always visible on the config page. Which is fine I guess, since I had to enter it to see the page… Perhaps we could password protect only certain pages? I know I wouldn’t mind letting other users on my network create their own playlists, although this should be optional since I can think of situations where that would be really bad.
    Also, can we ‘edit’ playlists, or does that still not work?

rpedde
    Participant

config page password stuff: yeah, probably shouldn’t be visible. ๐Ÿ™‚

I called out for contributions of a simple help page for the playlists, but no takers. It’s something I’ll eventually get to, but probably later rather than sooner. Still gotta find the #&$# race that’s crashing the thing… grrr…

Feedback page is broken on the server side — it should go to a feedback page at my home, but since I moved, I haven’t migrated it up to this server. I keep meaning to do that. It’s now on my official TODO list, though, so might get to it sooner rather than later.

I am sort of toying with the idea of global and per-user playlists, but I haven’t really thought it all through yet.

Editing: yes! Course, the server periodically crashes now, but the playlists are now editable! Woo hoo!

rpedde
    Participant

Have you already installed unslung-feeds? If not, install it and ipkg update before installing again.

— Ron

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.