2 connected users?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eric Boring
    Participant

Hi, this may be a stupid questions, but here goes:

I am running 0.2.4 on an Ubuntu machine. The music plays through the Roku. Everything works great. (Thanks for this great progeam, btw.!)

When I look at the Web Admin page, it says “2 connected users” in the corner, but the only thing I have connected is the Roku. I don’t have itunes on, otherwise I would think it was that.

So, who is this other user? The Ubuntu machine that is running Firefly? Or is itunes still connected? Or is one of my neighbors enjoying my music? (I doubt this last one, I am running WPA-PSK, don’t have SSID broadcast turned on, and just changed the password to the network. If someone was looking in, I would think they’d have been kicked off at this point.)

Thanks in advance.

E

stretch
    Participant

user 1 is the SB
    user 2 is you connecting to the web interface

The nightlies version states the connected user’s IP address. i don’t remember if 0.2.4 does this.
    Every thought of upgrading to a newer version? Some of the nightlies are pretty stable

Eric Boring
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I have thought about updating, but I don’t know how to compile a package and so on for Linux. Is there a debian package I could use? Thanks again for the info. I really like the software.
    E

CCRDude
    Participant

Sure, the nightlies page has Debian packages. Not quite sure which nightly is to be recommended (I’m always running the newest one 😀 , I remember the 1376 – imho – was described as quite stable, for example).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.