1391 & OS X

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

First impressions:

Having entered the necessary info – name, opened up port in firewall, added music folder – Firefly seemed to hang on inital startup (maybe 3-5 mins before stopping it).

Stopped it, went into the config file, entered my admin password, then back to the pref pane & restart was immediate.

into the server page to add file extensions (wav, aiff) and add a music folder and then performed a full scan. Playlists showed up fine, but not the wav’s & aiff’s. Stopped the server, restarted, did a full rescan & everything seems to be there – wavs & aiffs and all.

So, looks like it needs to be cajoled a little to do as it’s told – the hanging startup and perhaps a start/stop/restart and a rescan or two. But all seems fine otherwise…

rpedde
    Participant

@andyg wrote:

Having entered the necessary info – name, opened up port in firewall, added music folder – Firefly seemed to hang on inital startup (maybe 3-5 mins before stopping it).

There is definitely some crazy stuff with the startup. I want to add growl messages, and I’ll probably add start feedback through a different mechanism than the rendezvous announcements, since thats bugged on 10.4, and doesn’t look like it’s a hot issue to fix.

Maybe that will help the hang on startup thing, since I don’t think it really hangs on startup… I think the helper just doesn’t recongnize that it has started.

Thanks for the feedback.

— Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.