1384 and truncating the log file

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    taboman
    Participant

another small one, truncating the log file is set to 1 in the config, but each time the server starts up, it will just append to the existing one. So it seems, that this aint working.

Ron

taboman
    Participant

and also noticed, that the web interface always shows “Bonjour Stopped”. I did compile mt-daapd with –enable-mdns cause we don’t have avhi on the storcenter by default.

Is it supposed to be like that? MDNS is working, as my soundbridges and iTunes pickes up the mt-daapd server …

Ron

rpedde
    Participant

@taboman wrote:

and also noticed, that the web interface always shows “Bonjour Stopped”. I did compile mt-daapd with –enable-mdns cause we don’t have avhi on the storcenter by default.

Is it supposed to be like that? MDNS is working, as my soundbridges and iTunes pickes up the mt-daapd server …

Ron

What version? There was a fix for that in a recentish nightly. Seems like for truncate, too.

taboman
    Participant

::points to topic::

I try to include the build number in each thread, so not to confuse you πŸ™‚

Its nighty 1348.

Shall I go for svn instead?

Ron

rpedde
    Participant

@taboman wrote:

::points to topic::

I try to include the build number in each thread, so not to confuse you πŸ™‚

Its nighty 1348.

Shall I go for svn instead?

Ron

Hrm… really?

How strange. I might just take off the bonjour line on the web interface, as it is useless — the better test is if it shows up or not πŸ™‚

As far as the truncate… strange. It’s been working for me, but I’ll check it.

Oh… does it matter if the order is changed? logdir versus truncate? Like, if the truncate is *after* the logdir, or vice versa?

— Ron

taboman
    Participant

πŸ˜†

yeah, as it shows up I wondered anyway …

I will try to swap the lines in the config and let you know later today. at work atm.

Ron

taboman
    Participant

Mistery solved.

To recap: 1348

I have configured “truncate the log file” via the web interface. NOT in the config file directly. I checked my config today, it was not in the config file at all. So I assume, the web interface doesnt write the truncate param into the config file.

I added it manually and that works.

Could you check on that please Ron?

Thanks πŸ™‚

Ron

rpedde
    Participant

@taboman wrote:

Could you check on that please Ron?

Ooops!

— Ron

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.