1082 – Logging off shuts down the server

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Nightlies Feedback 1082 – Logging off shuts down the server

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MCFH
    Participant

When you log off from an interactive session the server shuts down. I assume because the client is shutdown and the server crashes…

rpedde
    Participant

@MCFH wrote:

When you log off from an interactive session the server shuts down. I assume because the client is shutdown and the server crashes…

Shouldn’t. The client doesn’t actually touch the server. it polls service status and whatnot.

MCFH
    Participant

I have upgrade to 1197 and have observed the following (also occured on previous builds)
    Reboot the server PC and start Firefly
    Log off
    Log on
    Look at the log tab on the status page and it reports ‘failed to open log filename’

Now I am using MS Small Business Server and a remote desktop connection to launch my user session and it is possible that that is the problem. But it looks like somehow, when you log off it doesn’t release a file handle or something.

Regards
    Mark

rpedde
    Participant

@MCFH wrote:

I have upgrade to 1197 and have observed the following (also occured on previous builds)
    Reboot the server PC and start Firefly
    Log off
    Log on
    Look at the log tab on the status page and it reports ‘failed to open log filename’

No, the log file is relatively pathed and it has an arbitrary cwd when started from the start key. Thought I fixed that, but apparently not.

If you close the tray applet and start it from c:program filesfirefly media server, it works. Or just check the service… it’s still running.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.