1082 – config page not displayed

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    schiers
    Participant

Hi,

does anybody see the config page (which should be reworked according to the release notes) with 1082? I don’t see anything with ie and ff.

I also get an error messag in the log sometimes about a spinner.gif file, which isn’t existing, neither in installation dirs nor the tar file.

Also note hte two slashes.

cannot resolve /usr/local/share/mt-daapd/admin-root//spinner.gif

We are talking linux here.

BR,
    Carsten.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That would all be my fault…
    The config page has a minor glitch. If you have an empty admin_pw it just won’t show. This is fixed in r1084, but for now locate your mt-daapd.conf and set a password:

admin_pw = p

I forgot to include the spinner.gif in the subversion repo. It was added in r1083, it is only used on the experimental plalist.html page.

The double slash is just a log issue, if the file is present it will be fetched all right. The request is GET /spinner.gif HTTP/1.1 blabla and when it is missing it is displayed as //spinner in the log.

/a

edit: found the //spinder.gif problem
    edit: spelling

schiers
    Participant

Hi,

I don’t have an empty password. Also, I tred to figure out what that svn stuff is and downloaded new versions of makefile.am and config.js 15 minutes ago together with spinner.gif.

With this constellation, spinner.gif will also not be copied during install. But even when I do that manually, it still doesn’t work for me.

I will try the next “official” release, unless you need me for tests right now. I am sitting a bit bored in my office 😳

BR,
    Carsten.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you’re up for it:
    In Firefox install this extension http://www.joehewitt.com/software/firebug/
    Then enable it from the Tools|FireBug menu. Press F12 to get the console. On the Debugger tab there is a menu options. Check the option “Break on errors”.

If everything works as it should it will stop 6 times for errors when the prototype.js library uses exceptions to test the browser for functionality. Just press the play button to let the browser run to the next error.
    The first 6 error should look something like this:

function() {return new ActiveXObject('Msxml2.XMLHTTP')}

Could you post the line (or PM me) where error #7 occurs.

(Or just wait for another nightly 🙂
    /a

schiers
    Participant

OK, just gimme some minutes…

schiers
    Participant

OK, for installing firebug I had to upgrade to Firefox 1.5 (honestly, I didn’t know that it was still 1.0). With 1.5.0.3 it works.

The “normal” browser we use here is ie 6.0.2800.1106CO with SP1 and sone other updates. With this, it won’t show up. As I am not sure about this version, I suggest we wait for me coming home or other reports before we debug deeper into it.

Thanks Anders, I will now try to configure a bit. It’s a bit painfull tunneled through SSH (with putty) to connect to my home server. Currently I see that not all config entries are read and displayed, e.g. database type and scan type show up, but e.g. mp3 directory not.

EDIT: I see, it’s a GUI mockup. Forget the last paragraph…

BR,
    Carsten.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Actually with IE if you have tried previous nightlies, try to clear the IE chache. Some of the earlier Firefly nightlies didn’t have the “prevent IE caching” workaround.

My IE on XP with all updates works like a charm. Haven’t tried with IE on win2k/ME/98 though.

/a

schiers
    Participant

No, it doesn’t work here. I will try at home.

Thanks,
    CU Carsten.

Gargamel
    Participant

Same thing for me here: mt-daapd-1082 on NSLU2 with admin_pw set:

almost empty config page with either:
    IE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519
    or
    Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.3

…both time cache cleared beforehand.

Firebug stops two times at “ActiveXObject”s, then a third time on line 35:

34 parseXML: function(xmlDoc) {
    35 $A(xmlDoc.getElementsByTagName('section')).each(function (section) {

The resulting HTML contains:

Configuration

This is still in beta, but it seems to work. Go ahead and give it a spin.

Tried this also with a plain vanilla config-file as distributed, resulted in same (nearly) blank config page.

Any ideas?

Nevertheless, keep up the superb work,
    all the best,

Nico aka Gargamel

Anonymous
    Inactive

Somehow your browser doesn’t retrieve config.xml from the Firefly server. Would you be able to check the permissions on and the existence of config.xml in the admin-root directory on your NSLU2?

The config.html page will make 3 calls to the server when the page loads. Each call will result in 2 ActiveXObject errors. (6 errors in total for a successful config.html load)

The html snipped you get is just what is on the page before the script writes the config stuff into it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.