Zyxel wireless router issue?

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

for info, still not working. my ideas have now dried up…tried using my other account on a dual boot but still the same problems.

rpedde
    Participant

@orkstu wrote:

for info, still not working. my ideas have now dried up…tried using my other account on a dual boot but still the same problems.

If you see an “incompatible library”, then the router is passing the _daap advertisements, but not the _rsp.

Do try an upgrade to 1586 as mentioned, and see if there are any options for IGMP (not icmp) or multicast in your router. Those are the things that are making it not work.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the input ron.
    Have upgraded to 1586. (note that the ‘icon’ in the the task bar has dissappeared even though ticked ‘show in the task bar’) Seems to be running as shown in the config file and web interface. Multicast shown on and running IGMP ver2.
    What has totally thrown me is that my laptop is working an absolute treat, through the same router!? If only it had a bigger HDD than 8gig. Tried adding songs from shared drives on the network but get the ‘500’ error, went through a few of the FAQs and other posts but i dont think it recognises for some reason… using this ‘style address: \STU-1XJC7QD4E3QSharedDocsMy Music
    anyway, even though I am having these minor niggles with my desktop feed, think the soundbridge is great and was a boon all yesterday listening to decent music at a touch of a button through my amp rather than the crap ‘puter speakers.
    stu

rpedde
    Participant

@orkstu wrote:

Thanks for the input ron.
    Have upgraded to 1586. (note that the ‘icon’ in the the task bar has dissappeared even though ticked ‘show in the task bar’) Seems to be running as shown in the config file and web interface. Multicast shown on and running IGMP ver2.
    What has totally thrown me is that my laptop is working an absolute treat, through the same router!? If only it had a bigger HDD than 8gig. Tried adding songs from shared drives on the network but get the ‘500’ error, went through a few of the FAQs and other posts but i dont think it recognises for some reason… using this ‘style address: \STU-1XJC7QD4E3QSharedDocsMy Music
    anyway, even though I am having these minor niggles with my desktop feed, think the soundbridge is great and was a boon all yesterday listening to decent music at a touch of a button through my amp rather than the crap ‘puter speakers.
    stu

But the laptop is wireless though, right? So the laptop and the soundbridge are on the same “side” of the router.

As far as working through UNC, you’ll have to go into control panel->administrative tools->services and change the firefly server to log in a your user account iwht your password.

Anonymous
    Inactive

the laptop is wireless. When I have a mo, I think I may try my wireless adaptor in the desktop and see what transpires. My laptop does not have a password to start. I’ll try putting a password in.
    cheers
    stu

Anonymous
    Inactive

yip, that worked (password, acount) for accessing my network drives, cheers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

finally got around to trying my wireless adaptor in the desktop. SB now ‘sees’ my firefly server, but when i try to connect, get the ‘connection to server failed’ on the SB. any idea why this might be??

rpedde
    Participant

@orkstu wrote:

finally got around to trying my wireless adaptor in the desktop. SB now ‘sees’ my firefly server, but when i try to connect, get the ‘connection to server failed’ on the SB. any idea why this might be??

Yeah, I’d guess that it’s advertising the library, but it’s trying to connect to the “other” interface — the wired interface.

argh.

What model router is it? Did you check to see if there was a firmware upgrade available for it?

That’s about all I can think of without actually seeing the network traffic.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ron,
    Thanks for the reply. After trawling some older posts I have music being streamed through the desktop+wireless dongle. Wondering now why, when i make new playlists up, although the playlist title is recognised on the SB, it says there are no songs in them? I’m sure i am missing something simple here this time, but cant figure it out…
    stu

rpedde
    Participant

@orkstu wrote:

Ron,
    Thanks for the reply. After trawling some older posts I have music being streamed through the desktop+wireless dongle. Wondering now why, when i make new playlists up, although the playlist title is recognised on the SB, it says there are no songs in them? I’m sure i am missing something simple here this time, but cant figure it out…
    stu

Oof. You really *are* on the non-standard side. 🙂

These are playlists made in iTunes? Or m3u files?

If m3u files, make sure to save them in “relative” format on the shared directory itself. Not absolute. If you open the m3u file, it should be like:

artistsBelle and SebastianDear Catastrophe Waitress9 Lord Anthony.mp3

NOT

e:musicitunesartistsBelle and SebastianDear Catastrophe Waitress9 Lor Anthony.mp3

— Ron

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.