Zyxel wireless router issue?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Tearing my hair out. On my eighth hour working this problem, tried to search through these forums and trying this and that….still no go.
    Have a soundbridge homemusic. Radio works great and can access web control etc. installed firefly/ bonjour etc. on two seperate computers, and given them both a different music library to share, which I can see on itunes on my main computer (and play). Soundbridge will not recognise either firefly installation, though at times claims to ‘see’ a library but not compatible with soundbridge.
    Tried firewalls off/ on. enabled multicast/off.
    no option on my soundbridge to have a wired lan.
    Looking through the forums there is a couple of threads mentioning zyxel router problem, but not seen if a fix has been found? model 600HW-T1

any help very gratefully rec’d

sonichouse
    Participant

Found this

@christoph.dahlen wrote:

Ups, sorry, language intermix. Anyhow, solution for me was to log into this router using telnet, then go to menu 21 -> 1 -> 4 and disable the (only) ICMP filter found.

But beware – I do not know wether this opens any attack vector or spreads your music library throughout the entire internet.

Might be worth a try

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks for the prompt post…i did come across that post on my searches but unsure exactly what is meant, the menu structure is not like that on the normal login, unsure if that is the ‘telnet’ login though. I will have another trawl through all the menus and see if I can come find something similar.

Anonymous
    Inactive

nope cant find any part of the menus which mention ICMP. would it be called something else?

sonichouse
    Participant

@orkstu wrote:

thanks for the prompt post…i did come across that post on my searches but unsure exactly what is meant, the menu structure is not like that on the normal login, unsure if that is the ‘telnet’ login though. I will have another trawl through all the menus and see if I can come find something similar.

If ICMP is being filtered then I assume the soundbridge tries to ping the server and fails.

Try and find a menu item to turn off the ICMP filter.

The worst case (I assume) is that your router can be pinged from the outside world.

With regard to the warning in the post – It would be worth trying to see if you can see port 3689 on your public ip after you have made the change.

sonichouse
    Participant

@orkstu wrote:

nope cant find any part of the menus which mention ICMP. would it be called something else?

Might be called “ping” ?

Also look for DOS (denial of service) on lan.

Anonymous
    Inactive

nothing there that was obvious to me. The router did have a tool for pinging an address, and i pinged the soundbridge and received a succesful reply from it.
    The soundbridge is saying that it can see a server, but not one it can recognise (will that be the one in itunes maybe?)

Above the multicast drop down, it had a couple of other dropdowns ‘RIP’ direction and version. This anything pertinent? (on the tcp/ip settings).

I assume that my problems are, as I suspect, in the router, rather than elsewhere since it is the same on both the laptop and desktop?

sonichouse
    Participant

Looking at the user guide( wow pretty comrehensive)…..

Did you try turning on UPNP, the manual says that it less restrictive with multicast if turned on ?

Although firefly does not use UPNP it might work for you.

/Steve

Anonymous
    Inactive

cheers steve…i have progress. the laptop is now being recognised and will play toons. the desktop recognises the soundbridge in the network. but now i cant get firefly to start, no matter how many times i remove and reboot!! ahh. might have to roll back my puter to yesterday and try to install from scratch again.

sonichouse
    Participant

@orkstu wrote:

cheers steve…i have progress. the laptop is now being recognised and will play toons. the desktop recognises the soundbridge in the network. but now i cant get firefly to start, no matter how many times i remove and reboot!! ahh. might have to roll back my puter to yesterday and try to install from scratch again.

Good news (I think)

Can you crank up the debug level on FF and see if it gives any clues as to why it is not starting ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 31 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.