Windows Home Server Add-In

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Quiksilver

Apologies for being such a n00b but how do you get FLAC support via this add-in?

If anyone has an answer, please be sure to dumb it down for me 🙂

I keep getting these “Cannot Read FLAC metadata […]” in the firefly log file.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@bedrock wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

So this is just the plug-in, right? Doesn’t actually have the full binary and everything.

The next obvious question would be how hard to a full install or upgrade of the app via an msi dropped in add-ins?

I’ve used wix before, and will probably (after the stable) migrate to wix/votive for an msi installer, and this is more justification to do so…

I’ll install this over the weekend and let you know.

Anyone else with WHS?

— Ron

Yes Ron, this is just the plugin.

I don’t know how hard it would be to do a full install or upgrade of the firefly package via an .msi dropped in, i haven’t really played with WiX before, but i could take a look.

Nic

Did this ever go anywhere?

I’ve created an Add-In for FirePlay to run on WHS to automate the whole setup and was hoping someone had created the MSI for Firefly already, or I was going to look into it. It might seem strange doing fireplay first, but I’m a mod on the mediasmartserver.net forums, and an owner of one so we have Firefly pre installed already.

paulwa
    Participant

I’m having trouble with Firefly on WHS. I like my WHS to go into hibernation when not in use, but when it comes out of this state Firefly is no longer visible on the Roku or in iTunes on my laptop. If I reboot the machine I can see Firefly on my devices again. Could there be an issue with the service restarting on the WHS, or maybe with DHCP IP lease issues? I’m running the Firefly service under an actual username, rather than an anonymous local service, and my WHS has a proper fixed IP address, i.e. set up on the WHS and outside of my router’s IP range for DHCP. Any ideas?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Cougar wrote:

[
    Did this ever go anywhere?

I’ve created an Add-In for FirePlay to run on WHS to automate the whole setup and was hoping someone had created the MSI for Firefly already, or I was going to look into it. It might seem strange doing fireplay first, but I’m a mod on the mediasmartserver.net forums, and an owner of one so we have Firefly pre installed already.

I never took it anywhere, due to not being able to install Apple’s Bonjour Service, but I am still more than willing to package up Firefly into an .msi for WHS, but after coming back here after a while away, I am actually interested to see how andrew’s attempts to revive the whole project go first…

Assuming we get a new home without the spam, and a new svn repository somewhere, i’ll start brushing up on my WiX skillset and putting together an installer for the whole bundle on WHS (minus Bonjour of course)

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.