why won’t FLAC work?

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    bkaatz
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@bkaatz wrote:

@kellyharding wrote:

Have you got the relevant files installed? ie for flac you need the flac tools installed or they won’t decode.

Kelly

What are “flac tools” and where do i get them? Are you saying that “flac tools” are part of iTunes?

Can you confirm that I should be able to stream .flac files to my SB under OS X using FF?

Please excuse my apparent ignorance: I checked out of the FLAC on OSX conversation a while ago when Ron confirmed that it didn’t work yet.

It only works on OSX if you compile it from source with the relevant fink packages. The pre-built versions don’t do flac. If you want to try that, give a yell, and I can walk you through it.

— Ron

Thanks for the offer Ron. I think I’ll back into my shell and come back out in another couple of months to see if this get sorted out. Right now it’s easiest to go .flac > .aiff and then import into iTunes. Besides, I can take care of the tagging during the import to iTunes.

Aways a pleasure to be advised by you Ron. Keep up the good work!

rpedde
    Participant

@bkaatz wrote:

Thanks for the offer Ron. I think I’ll back into my shell and come back out in another couple of months to see if this get sorted out. Right now it’s easiest to go .flac > .aiff and then import into iTunes. Besides, I can take care of the tagging during the import to iTunes.

At some point I will. On my list for OS X is support for growl, sparkle, and I was going to give a stab at flac. I found some frameworks for flac, so I might be able to get the metadata pretty easily. Not sure about transcoding, but maybe I can build a fat static binary for transcoding. We’ll see.

— Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.