Which Linux for a newbie???

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

@S80_UK wrote:

Hey Ron,

That’s an amazing response! Many thanks indeed. I shall certainly look into this some more.

I also spent time looking up the status of FLAC within Debian, and there is a build of 1.2.1 under testing, so I may also explore that route.

You’ve given me loads to work on here, so it will be a while before my next post. I like the idea of building my own stuff. (Believe it or not, I still very occasionally build simple utilities for a DOS machine using MS Quick-C – circa 1986 version…)

Please… have a virtual beer / coffee / etc on me. You should seriously consider a PayPal account for donations, if only to fund your hardware for all the platforms that you support.

Thanks once again,

Les.

I’m sure someone has version of it compiled and .debbed for etch. Didn’t see it on backports.org, which is where I usually look for newer stuff on debian.

I don’t like to install software that’s unpackaged, but sometimes I do anyway. ๐Ÿ™‚

Erm… and I *have* a paypal thing over on sf, but I never link to it or anything. Mostly because it’s really not an issue for me (thankfully).

Once I get a stable and start working on the web site some more, I was thinking about putting a postcard beg up. I wouldn’t mind getting some postcards from places more exotic than texas. ๐Ÿ™‚

— Ron

— Ron

S80_UK
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

[I wouldn’t mind getting some postcards from places more exotic than texas. ๐Ÿ™‚

I guess “exotic” is a relative term. But we have some pretty nice countryside around here, and buildings that are older than almost anything in Texas. Folks ‘ooooh’ and ‘aaaah’ when they come to visit from overseas, but I prefer to travel, and while I didn’t find Texas (Houston) exotic when I was there, it was certainly interesting to see somewhere very different.

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.