Tracks listed twice

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    paulwa
    Participant

Additionally, what I’ve now noticed is that I do get songs appear in my Firefly smart playlists for playlists of the kind comment includes “punk”, but not of the kind rating > 60. I guess this is the difference between info held inside the file header of the song versus info held in the iTunes database. Any thoughts on how to overcome this without re-introducing the double song listing problem?

paulwa
    Participant

Thanks for the response ccomley. Firefly certainly does find all the MP3 files if you don’t copy the XML file onto the NAS drive, but it won’t find playlists without it. With it, I can see all my playlists, but for some reason it finds all my MP3’s twice. That’s what prompted me to delete the XML and try Firefly’s own smart playlist function, but I’m struggling to get it working for playlists that require info from the iTunes XML, e.g. ratings.

rpedde
    Participant

@paulwa wrote:

I’m running Firefly on WinXP, with my music tracks sat on a Netgear SC101 NAS drive. I’ve copied my iTunes Music Library.XML file into the same folder as the music files. Firefly seems to be scanning every song twice. The song count on the admin web page doubles and I can see each track twice on my Soundbridge.

When I delete the XML file from my NAS drive I will then see only one copy of the music files, but I also lose my iTunes playlists. If I build a smart playlist with Firefly, to replace an iTunes playlist, it ends up being empty.

What setup should I use so that I end up with only one visible copy of all songs, plus use of playlists (iTunes or Firefly) that aren’t empty?

Thanks

1. make sure you are running latest nightlies
    2. go into the web interface on the config page and set “case sensitive” under “scanning” to “Yes”
    3. Go back to status and do a full scan.

That should do it.

If that doesnt’ work, then follow the instructions in the post above to look at a file that is duplicated and see what the paths are.. Then you’ll know where the duplicate files are.

Do you *have* two copies of the files? One on the nas, one on your workstation?

paulwa
    Participant

Thanks, I will try what you suggest. I only have one version of all my music files, sat on the NAS. I’m presently using the last stable release, I presume the latest nightly release is considered pretty stable?

rpedde
    Participant

@paulwa wrote:

Thanks, I will try what you suggest. I only have one version of all my music files, sat on the NAS. I’m presently using the last stable release, I presume the latest nightly release is considered pretty stable?

Yeah, it should be fine.

— Ron

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.