svn-1696 FreeBSD "plugins/plugin_dir not specified&quot

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Nightlies Feedback svn-1696 FreeBSD "plugins/plugin_dir not specified&quot

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

@Osik wrote:

Hi Ron,

well as i told you above, my friend get the same problem on different hardware but same os and architecture (x86_64).

I can send u a log from building mt-daapd if this helps.

Yesterday i tried to building it with avahi support but i get errors when building mt-daapd. So this won’t work too.

Greetings

Osik

Seems like on previous freebsd there were pthreads problems, and there was some hackery in the config script to try and “fix” that.

I wonder if -lpthreads is now the way to go.

Can you get a backtrace of the crash using gdb?

Osik
    Participant

Hi ron,

using gdb gives me a normal exit. so it doesn’t really crash.

Here the output of mt-daapd:

(gdb) r
    Starting program: /usr/local/sbin/mt-daapd
    [New LWP 100180]
    [New Thread 0x801b01120 (LWP 100180)]

Program exited normally.
    (gdb) quit

I wonder if this helps.

Thanks for help

Greetz

Osik

EDIT: For testing i started mt-daapd with -d 9 an -f to see the output. Nothing really changes except that theres is an Segmentation fault after Aborting.

Rendezvous socket closed (daap server crashed?) Aborting.
    Aborting
    Segmentation fault

Don’t know if this matters.

ps: oh btw. on the machine of my friend its now working. he was configuring building and installing for a second time and it works like a charm. Magic….

rpedde
    Participant

@Osik wrote:

ps: oh btw. on the machine of my friend its now working. he was configuring building and installing for a second time and it works like a charm. Magic….

Ooh, that sucks. That makes replicating it hard.

— Ron

Osik
    Participant

after i installed my system again. but this can take a while.

I think we can close this thread. I will tell my experiences after reinstalling my system.

Thanks ron

Regards

Osik

Osik
    Participant

well after reinstalling freebsd 7.0 beta 2 x64 it works like a charm. don’t no how this could be but i would say its fixed.

thanks ron

Osik

rpedde
    Participant

@Osik wrote:

well after reinstalling freebsd 7.0 beta 2 x64 it works like a charm. don’t no how this could be but i would say its fixed.

thanks ron

Osik

Strange that it would just go away like that. :/

But glad it’s working!

— Ron

anotherhowie
    Participant

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I am seeing the same error message, and this seems to be the only mention of it on the whole web… with FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE-p5 i386, and svn-1696. After compiling successfully with:

./configure –enable-flac –enable-sqlite3 –with-id3tag=/usr/local

I see the following in the logs with -d9:

Dec 10 19:19:34 illmatic mt-daapd[50486]: Firefly Version svn-1696: Starting with debuglevel 9
    Dec 10 19:19:34 illmatic mt-daapd[50486]: Warning: Could not load plugins
    Dec 10 19:19:34 illmatic mt-daapd[50486]: Error opening plugin dir /usr/lib/firefly/plugins. Ignoring
    Dec 10 19:19:34 illmatic mt-daapd[50486]: Error opening plugin dir /usr/lib/mt-daapd/plugins. Ignoring
    Dec 10 19:19:34 illmatic mt-daapd[50486]: Error opening plugin dir /lib/mt-daapd/plugins. Ignoring
    Dec 10 19:19:34 illmatic mt-daapd[50486]: Error opening plugin dir /lib/mt-daapd/plugins. Ignoring
    Dec 10 19:19:34 illmatic mt-daapd[50486]: Error opening plugin dir /opt/share/firefly/plugins. Ignoring
    Dec 10 19:19:34 illmatic mt-daapd[50486]: Error opening plugin dir /opt/share/mt-daapd/plugins. Ignoring
    Dec 10 19:19:34 illmatic mt-daapd[50486]: Error opening plugin dir /opt/lib/firefly/plugins. Ignoring
    Dec 10 19:19:34 illmatic mt-daapd[50486]: Error opening plugin dir /opt/lib/mt-daapd/plugins. Ignoring
    Dec 10 19:19:34 illmatic mt-daapd[50486]: Error opening plugin dir plugins/.libs. Ignoring
    Dec 10 19:19:34 illmatic mt-daapd[50486]: plugins/plugin_dir not specified

The FreeBSD port of 0.2.4.2 works fine, but I have a lot of FLACs, so I’d like to make use of the transcoding features…

Is the stable “nightly” version really 2 years old??

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.