Streaming Mt-daapd to Soundbridge – iTunes playlists problem

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Streaming Mt-daapd to Soundbridge – iTunes playlists problem

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Alright. Now all of the playlists show in the Roku. So I can now edit playlists in iTunes, close iTunes, wait awhile, and then have the playlists show up in the Roku. Half way there.

Of course, if I try to play the playlist in the Roku, it gives me a “Loading Songs” message and then comes up with “0 items”. So that doesn’t work.

I was reading through my iTunes Music Library.xml file saving in the slug and it looks like it points to the following location for songs:

file://localhost//Mediaslug/disk%201/Music%20Library

So I’m assuming that the Roku cannot search down that path and that’s why its coming up with no songs on the playlists…

Any ideas?

Thanks for all of the help, and once this is over, then I’ll do a full procedure write-up…

rpedde
    Participant

@alan_birch wrote:

file://localhost//Mediaslug/disk%201/Music%20Library

Post a full path to the file as described in the iTML.xml as well as the “real” path from the standpoint of the slug.

Then We can figure out where to put the file that it will pick it up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, thanks. Here goes:

Opening up the unslung control panel (in firefox)…
    (USB Port 1 Public Data)/Music Library/Al Green/Call Me/03 Stand Up.m4a
    and it says at the top of the unslung file listing:
    Current Location: DISK1/Music Library/Al Green/Call Me

If I telnet into the slug, here is the path to the same song:
    share/hdd/data/public/Music Library/Al Gree/Call Me/03 Stand Up.m4a

If I open up the iTunes Music Library.xml:
    file://localhost//Mediaslug/disk%201/Music%20Library/Al%20Green/Call%20Me/03%20Stand%20Up.m4a

Does any of that help?
    Thanks again, Ron.

boki
    Participant

Hi,

I think I have a similar problem, but I got stucked much earlier. I have Pinnacle SoundBridge, NSLU2 and firefly nightbuild 1498. All of them, plus my ibook are connected over a wired network. I copied my iTunes music library on NSLU2 and everything works fine. The music files are in /public/mp3 on NSLU2. However, I tried copying iTuned Music Library.xml the same dir (/public/mp3) in order to copy the playlists, but firefly does not reckognize it. I tried rescanning, restarting the server, but nothing helps. I turned on the server with log level 9 (-d 9) but I haven’t got anything more in the log (standard log file /var/log/messages), certainly no mention of the xml file. I searched around, and I haven’t found anyone with a similar problem. This post actually resambles the most, although the problem described is more advanced. I also haven’t found any corresponding docs.

Does anyone has an idea what’s going on? How does firefly processes xml files? Where does it search for it? What do I have to do to get my xml file parsed (it is big though, around 8MB). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx,

Boki

rpedde
    Participant

[quote=”boki
    Does anyone has an idea what’s going on? How does firefly processes xml files? Where does it search for it? What do I have to do to get my xml file parsed (it is big though, around 8MB). Any help would be appreciated.
    [/quote]

You must have “process_m3u” set to 1, as well as “process_xml” for stupid reasons that haven’t been cleaned out of the code yet.

It looks for the xml anywhere under any of the mp3_dirs, so putting it where you have it should work. Although, it does have to be in the same folder structure as iTunes kept it in, and the .xml file needs to be “above” the music folders in the file hierarchy. I’d recommend putting it in the folder that has all the artists. That will work.

— Ron

boki
    Participant

Sorry for a delay. I tried it and it works perfectly.
    Thanks a lot for help!

Boki

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.