Starting DAAP server: execvp: No such file or directory

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Starting DAAP server: execvp: No such file or directory

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    naturedudeks
    Participant

Oops! I found the Wiki config information and answered the –enable-flac part for myself. Still confused on the rest…

naturedudeks
    Participant

Really struggling here. Is this flac stuff in 0.2.4.1? I looked through all the files and just didn’t find any text that looked like things you referred to, or the various files you noted in /contrib. Maybe I misunderstood which version I needed? That was the latest stable on sourceforge, pretty recent date.

Finally gave up and loaded svn1696 instead; this seems to have the files in contrib and various references to noted switches in the config/build files. This package asked me to load sqlite and sqlite-devel. I also loaded flac-devel because it says it wasn’t finding headers, and those are usually in the *-devel packages, right? So then I re-ran configure with the –enable-flac –enable-sqlite –prefix=/usr switches. Now, I get the error “Must have libFLAC for FLAC support”. I’ve already loaded flac-1.1.0.7 but it doesn’t help. What am I missing?

Seems like I am in dependency hell…several days playing with this so far. Is building this really so hard? I feel stupid!

rpedde
    Participant

@naturedudeks wrote:

Really struggling here. Is this flac stuff in 0.2.4.1? I looked through all the files and just didn’t find any text that looked like things you referred to, or the various files you noted in /contrib. Maybe I misunderstood which version I needed? That was the latest stable on sourceforge, pretty recent date.

Ah, yeah… no transcoding in 0.2.x

Finally gave up and loaded svn1696 instead; this seems to have the files in contrib and various references to noted switches in the config/build files. This package asked me to load sqlite and sqlite-devel. I also loaded flac-devel because it says it wasn’t finding headers, and those are usually in the *-devel packages, right? So then I re-ran configure with the –enable-flac –enable-sqlite –prefix=/usr switches. Now, I get the error “Must have libFLAC for FLAC support”. I’ve already loaded flac-1.1.0.7 but it doesn’t help. What am I missing?

You need libflac-devel. Flac is the package for playing flac files. libflac is the libraries for parsing flac files and stuff.

Seems like I am in dependency hell…several days playing with this so far. Is building this really so hard? I feel stupid!

I guess like anything it’s hard if you don’t know how, or the first few times you do it. Once you’ve done it a few times it becomes a lot easier. Plus you figure out better what the terse errors mean. ๐Ÿ™‚

So no, I’d say it’s not hard, just new and different. You’ll get there. Might be bruised and bloodied, but you’ll get there. ๐Ÿ™‚

— Ron

naturedudeks
    Participant

Thanks Ron, I tried and got an endless series of dependency errors. Here’s the thing…

is libflac the same as flac and libflac-devel the same as libflac? The file names seem to hint at that. If so, I’ve been chasing ghosts. if not, the problem is libflac-devel just doesn’t seem to be out there except for Mandriva, whatever that is.

if I ignored libflac* and just used flac*, all seems to have compiled. I can’t test it until my Mac user is here on the weekends.

Thanks!

naturedudeks
    Participant

i meant …and libflac-devel the same as flac-devel. Caught speeding…

naturedudeks
    Participant

Well, I can’t catch a break! ๐Ÿ™‚

I rebuilt again assuming that flac was libFlac and flac-devel was libFlac-devel. Got the versions without dependency issues and rebuilt. No errors I could see. Edited the new conf, restarted the service. So far, so good.

But now, I’m not even seeing the admin page when I go to port 3689. Wrong rpm libraries? How to debug?

Thanks,
    Drew

rpedde
    Participant

@naturedudeks wrote:

Well, I can’t catch a break! ๐Ÿ™‚

I rebuilt again assuming that flac was libFlac and flac-devel was libFlac-devel. Got the versions without dependency issues and rebuilt. No errors I could see. Edited the new conf, restarted the service. So far, so good.

But now, I’m not even seeing the admin page when I go to port 3689. Wrong rpm libraries? How to debug?

Thanks,
    Drew

You can see if anything is listening to the daap port with something like:

netstat -ntpl | grep 3689

If you don’t see anything, nothing is listening on 3689. If it won’t start, then check /var/log/syslog. It should have dumped an error message in there.

Failing all that, you can try and run it in the foreground with something like:

mt-daapd -d9 -f -c /etc/mt-daapd.conf

and it should print why it’s failing.

— Ron

naturedudeks
    Participant

Thanks Ron,

mt-daapd.log ends with the error entries:

2007-11-01 21:27:42 (b7d106c0): db_sqlite2_open: unable to open database: /usr/var/cache/mt-daapd/songs.db (/usr/var/cache/mt-daapd/songs.db)
    2007-11-01 21:27:42 (b7d106c0): Error opening db: Misc SQL Error: unable to open database: /usr/var/cache/mt-daapd/songs.db

The directory it notes is empty. I assume it builds songs.db itself. Do I need to seed that with an empty db, or is this some type of failure in sqlite2?

naturedudeks
    Participant

Ron,

I found the core problem. The program did not have rights to /usr/var/cache/mt-daapd for writing. I mod 777’d it and after some reindexing time, the admin page starts now.

I can test the streaming as soon as my Mac user gets here. Thanks for your patience with me!

Drew

naturedudeks
    Participant

iTunes user reports it’s working like a champ now. Thanks Ron!

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.