Sort order albums

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    fizze
    Participant

Well, just on a sidenote here:
    The Soundbridge also allows to browse by Composer. Given you fill the proper tags in your files, this shuold be the desired method, wouldn’t it?

olicarlier
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

Well, just on a sidenote here:
    The Soundbridge also allows to browse by Composer. Given you fill the proper tags in your files, this shuold be the desired method, wouldn’t it?

Good point – I can use the Artist field for the performer. Thanks.

olicarlier
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@olicarlier wrote:

I spent some time rearranging the info in iTunes for classical music. I’m now OK with my arrangement (composer->artist, interpret: piece->album, movement->song). For instance, for Beethoven piano sonatas:
    Beethoven, Ludwig Van -> artist
    Yves Nat: Piano sonata #16 in G major Op. 31/1 -> Album
    1. Allegro vivace -> song

So far, so good, the navigation & display on the Soundbridge are OK, except the following annoyance. In iTunes, when I sort the display on the album field, I get the right order for sonatas, i.e. #2 comes after #1 and so on.

On the Soundbridge though, it shows, Sonata #1, then #11, #12 … #19, #2, #20, #21,…

Any clue how to fix this? TIA.

Config: SB 3.0.44 & Firefly svn-1634

Looks like the soundbridge is sorting lexically, not numerically. You could call those Sonata #01, etc, but that would be a hack.

I thought about this hack as well. Would it be worth posting this a feature proposal in the Roku forums?

rpedde
    Participant

@olicarlier wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

@olicarlier wrote:

I spent some time rearranging the info in iTunes for classical music. I’m now OK with my arrangement (composer->artist, interpret: piece->album, movement->song). For instance, for Beethoven piano sonatas:
    Beethoven, Ludwig Van -> artist
    Yves Nat: Piano sonata #16 in G major Op. 31/1 -> Album
    1. Allegro vivace -> song

So far, so good, the navigation & display on the Soundbridge are OK, except the following annoyance. In iTunes, when I sort the display on the album field, I get the right order for sonatas, i.e. #2 comes after #1 and so on.

On the Soundbridge though, it shows, Sonata #1, then #11, #12 … #19, #2, #20, #21,…

Any clue how to fix this? TIA.

Config: SB 3.0.44 & Firefly svn-1634

Looks like the soundbridge is sorting lexically, not numerically. You could call those Sonata #01, etc, but that would be a hack.

I thought about this hack as well. Would it be worth posting this a feature proposal in the Roku forums?

You could, and it would probably be worth doing, but I’m not sure how much traction it would get.

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.