Songbird DAAP + Firefly – No Album Artist!

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Songbird DAAP + Firefly – No Album Artist!

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    fitret

I’m using Firefly Media Server + Songbird in order to stream music. Everything is working great, except that all of my mp3’s are missing the “Album Artist” tag. I’m not sure if the issue is on Firefly’s side or Songbird’s side, so I’m posting in both areas! Has anyone had this issue, and if so, do you know how to fix it? Thanks!

jtbse
    Participant

I don’t think Firefly has ever implemented processing of the Album Artist tag. Pretty sure it’s been discussed over the years, but don’t think it ever made it into the code. So I don’t think Album Artist ever gets stored in the SQLLite schema (haven’t actually verified).

But it looks like a group is trying to revive development (see posts above)….so perhaps once they get things going, Album Artist support is something we should request as a new feature.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cool, so is there any news on the album artist feature yet? It’s pretty annoying having the album artist tag missing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.