Roku Can’t See Linkstation Live/Firefly

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Roku Can’t See Linkstation Live/Firefly

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    cezza
    Participant

@sonichouse wrote:

I would recommend that you at the minimum turn WEP back on.

I will try turning things back on and seeing where it breaks – but maybe not tonight…

cezza
    Participant

@sonichouse wrote:

A quick search of the Roku forum suggests that the naming of the SSID is case sensitive and the SB may have problems with spaces in the name if broadcasting is turned off.

I don’t think it’s an SSID problem per se, as the SB can see all of the other servers running under the same SSID (PCast, WMP) – and I’ve been careful to maintain case and avoid spaces…

rpedde
    Participant

@cezza wrote:

@sonichouse wrote:

A quick search of the Roku forum suggests that the naming of the SSID is case sensitive and the SB may have problems with spaces in the name if broadcasting is turned off.

I don’t think it’s an SSID problem per se, as the SB can see all of the other servers running under the same SSID (PCast, WMP) – and I’ve been careful to maintain case and avoid spaces…

Hmmm… I do remember one issue that had to do with Shared Key versus Open WEP:

http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=12000

That might be worth trying.

— Ron

cezza
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

Hmmm… I do remember one issue that had to do with Shared Key versus Open WEP:

http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=12000

That might be worth trying.

— Ron

I’ve raised a support call w/ Roku – it will be interesting to see what happens next…

cezza
    Participant

@cezza wrote:

I’ve raised a support call w/ Roku – it will be interesting to see what happens next…

Hmm.. Not that interesting as it happens. This is what they said:

Unfortunately, we don’t have a solution. This problem doesn’t make any sense. The soundbridge can connect to this NAS with wep disabled, and can connect to other servers with wep enabled, but can’t connect to the NAS with wep enabled.

rpedde
    Participant

@cezza wrote:

@cezza wrote:

Hmm.. Not that interesting as it happens. This is what they said:

Unfortunately, we don’t have a solution. This problem doesn’t make any sense. The soundbridge can connect to this NAS with wep disabled, and can connect to other servers with wep enabled, but can’t connect to the NAS with wep enabled.

Dunno, but that’s the exact symptoms described in the other post — multicast not working with open key.

It seemed like a problem on the soundbridge firmware side.

— Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.