Rhythmbox doesn’t see Firefly share

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Rhythmbox doesn’t see Firefly share

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

okay thanks, I will look in to that too.

I’m starting to wonder whether it is my router being shit. Check this link: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/1025115.html

I have a first gen dsl g-604t. I just find it odd that the other day it worked for an hour and a half and since then it hasn’t work at all.

Cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I disabled firestarter in Ubuntu and I still couldn’t see the share. I’m wondering if it has anything to do with iptables in leopard but they are a bitch to configure.

fizze
    Participant

Hehe yes. I remember an acquaintance once fiddling with those firewall rules to access my firefly. Strange thing was that my soundbridge was able to see his shared library, but not vice-versa.
    🙄

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I upgraded my router. Not just because of this problem, my last one had incredibly poor firmware and gave me all sorts of other issues.

Anyway, I now have a situation where I can see my mt-daapd share provided my mac is connected with ethernet. Now this tells me I don’t have a firewall problem.

I am able to share files etc with a wireless connection but it will not see the daap share.

I have seen similar threads about this problem but with no solutions!
    :'(

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.