PLS HELP – Error: Unable to open database ??

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues PLS HELP – Error: Unable to open database ??

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

@boomen22 wrote:

1) With Ethernet cable my SB can connect to FireFly Library and play songs. Still no iTunes Library (eventhough Pinnacle advertises on their packaging that that should work!)

Okay.. that’s a different issue. Basically, just add your iTunes music directory as one of your music directories in the web interface (My Music in windows, or ~/Music on a mac).

Even if your music is somewhere else, still add an entry for your music directory, that way I can find your iTunes library and read the playlists out of it.

Also, check that your “process_m3u” setting int he web interface is set to Yes.

2) I checked with another Wifi Laptop in my WiFi LAN and I can mutually exchange, connect to, and play their respective iTunes Libraries on both the Laptop and the Desktop.

What kind of router? I know there have been issues with AVR and some other routers… see http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8307 this thread — the symptoms seem similar.

boomen22
    Participant

Hi Ron,

Happy New Year, It’s been a while, my Soundbridge has been collecting dust but I finally got another wireless router and my Soundbridge can now finally connect to the FireFly Database!

Unfortenately, I still cannot play any songs. I see a couple of playlists but when I select them they all appear empty. Moreover, the FireFly server stops running after a while and disconnects itself from the Soundbridge.

The log file from FireFly looks like this:
    Log file: firefly.log

2007-01-07 23:48:57 (0eb53f3a): Starting with debuglevel 0
    2007-01-07 23:48:58 (0eb53f3a): Starting rendezvous daemon
    2007-01-07 23:48:58 (0eb53f3a): Initializing database
    2007-01-07 23:49:20 (0eb53f3a): Starting web server from C:Program FilesFirefly Media Serveradmin-root on port 9998
    2007-01-07 23:49:20 (0eb53f3a): Registering rendezvous names
    2007-01-07 23:49:20 (0eb53f3a): Serving 18680 songs. Startup complete in 23 seconds
    2007-01-07 23:49:20 (0eb53f3a): Rescanning database
    2007-01-07 23:51:49 (0eb53f3a): Query: INSERT INTO updated VALUES (1402)
    2007-01-07 23:51:49 (0eb53f3a): Error: unable to open database file
    2007-01-07 23:51:49: Aborting

Any thoughts?

Thanks much,

Gerbrand van den Boomen

boomen22
    Participant

Ok, finally figured it out, read the WINDOWS ISSUES post again and succeeded in changing the Network Drive mapping. I now have music!

Two more questions though:

1) The Soundbridge and Firefly now show several old iTunes Playlists that I once had in iTunes, but since deleted, they are no longer valid, they are also empty. Where did FireFly find these? and more importantly how do I delete them (as the are no longer visible in iTunes and empty)?

2) This is probabaly a very silly question, but how do I just start playing (shuffling) my entire library on the Soundbridge, without selecting a(ny) Playlist first?

Thanks again

Gerbrand

rpedde
    Participant

@boomen22 wrote:

1) The Soundbridge and Firefly now show several old iTunes Playlists that I once had in iTunes, but since deleted, they are no longer valid, they are also empty. Where did FireFly find these? and more importantly how do I delete them (as the are no longer visible in iTunes and empty)?

They may be in the “My Music” in an itunes backup folder. You can always do a file find for “iTunes Music Library.xml”, as that’s the file it picks up music for.

2) This is probabaly a very silly question, but how do I just start playing (shuffling) my entire library on the Soundbridge, without selecting a(ny) Playlist first?

You should be able to do Browse->Songs and hit play (with shuffle already selected).

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.