Playing Flac files from LinkstationII

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Playing Flac files from LinkstationII

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

@g0pkh wrote:

I think your Linkstation documentation would be good there too. 🙂

I’d love to get some documentation on installing on a ls II, or an openlink in general. All I have is a freelink. I’d like to get a ls II and put openlink on it just to see how it works, and to get a nightlies build chain for it, but they don’t have them at best buy or anywhere anymore.

g0pkh
    Participant

Still quite a few on ebay Ron.

I have the documentation from Risimmons, but we should wait for him to agree first. 🙂

Pete

risimmonsuk
    Participant

@g0pkh wrote:

I have the documentation from Risimmons, but we should wait for him to agree first.

My LSII install procedure (which I wrote down mainly as i was going along as I’m by no means a linux expert) are all on the Roku Firefly forum here;

http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7682

(post some way down the first page). Feel free to put these instructions somewhere more easily accessible if you think they’re useful.

Apparently the instructions need a little tweaking to do with the flac transcode script as mentioned in this thread.

Also probably needs some mention of how to update to a later version (I’m going with the ‘it ain’t broke’ approach at the moment!) – also the option of the ipkg install isn’t covered at all (I don’t think it was an option at the time).

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.