Play MP4 or AVI

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@eladrrats wrote:

Does anyone have any clues on when streaming video formats might be supported in daapd?

Have a look (and vote! ๐Ÿ™‚ at http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=7028.

I’m basically in the same position as you, hence I voted ‘Critical’ :). I don’t care much about the MP3 part (I don’t have much of that and I rarly listen to music – if I do, it’s usually radio).

rpedde
    Participant

@eladrrats wrote:

MT-DAAPD has been terrific so far, but I would absolutely love to see streaming video support. I have an apple tv and it can’t play videos from daapd so it leaves me between a rock and a hard place. I love daapd, but in order to play my movies, I’d have to hack the apple tv or switch to a “native” iTunes source. Does anyone have any clues on when streaming video formats might be supported in daapd? I saw a suggestion posted on another page that related to this project about a streaming plugin: http://mpeg4ip.sourceforge.net/faq/index.php#Project

thanks so much

I don’t believe anything will ever support streaming to appletv. The handshake between the appletv and a media source requires a private x.509 certificate. Even if someone were to dig it out of iTunes, then apple would generate a new certificate and break it the next version of iTunes.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi – Is there anyway Firefly could default to see .MP4 as video? I would think that most people have more video than audio with .MP4 extensions.

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

@alchemist wrote:

Hi – Is there anyway Firefly could default to see .MP4 as video? I would think that most people have more video than audio with .MP4 extensions.

Works for me… I had to hack the DB though ๐Ÿ™‚

celia:~# sqlite3 -column -header /var/cache/mt-daapd-test/songs3.db
    SQLite version 3.3.8
    Enter ".help" for instructions
    sqlite> update songs set has_video=1,type='m4v',codectype='mp4v' where path like '%.mp4';
    sqlite> select id,title,type,codectype,has_video from songs where path like '%.mp4';
    id title type codectype has_video

4 Filename1 (mpg-mp4).mp4 m4v mp4v 1
    9 Filename2 (avi-mp4).mp4 m4v mp4v 1
    10 Filename3 (mp4-mp4).mp4 m4v mp4v 1

Of these, only the file with id=10 is actually playing. It’s the only file that is actually an MP4 file! The other ones are MPEG (?) and AVI files and this ‘hack’ don’t work for them. The id=9 is something I’m still working on…

Ok, so that isn’t by default but any way. It DO work… ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh, iTunes have to be disconnected from the server and the server needs to be restarted for it to work/show up…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks turbo – I’ll try that workaround – I guess I can cron the sqlite db change

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.