Ogg Tremor pack for Debian Etch

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    MrE
    Participant

Hi Ron,

Is there any chance you could put together a deb or a source package of the Ogg Tremor pack?

You mentioned this a while ago in a couple of other threads, but other priorities kept getting in the way.

I know you’re working hard on various other things, but I have been unable to play the thousands of Oggs in my collection for about half a year now and I’d really appreciate having this option.

I frequently find myself wanting to listen to particular albums, only to discover that they are in Ogg format as the SoundBridge starts to have buffering problems after a second or two.

Thanks
    Emile

rpedde
    Participant

@MrE wrote:

Hi Ron,

Is there any chance you could put together a deb or a source package of the Ogg Tremor pack?

You mentioned this a while ago in a couple of other threads, but other priorities kept getting in the way.

I know you’re working hard on various other things, but I have been unable to play the thousands of Oggs in my collection for about half a year now and I’d really appreciate having this option.

I frequently find myself wanting to listen to particular albums, only to discover that they are in Ogg format as the SoundBridge starts to have buffering problems after a second or two.

Thanks
    Emile

what’s the platform? etch, yeah, but ppc? mipsel?

MrE
    Participant

Oops 😳 forgot to specify that.

It’s for the ARM platform as I’m running Firefly on a Slug

Thanks
    Emile

mas
    Participant

Yeah that ogg tremor patch is a bugger. I think you better integrate it into firefly with a -oggdec-tremor-patch option.
    Took me some time to manually patch and compile and have since then ensured it stays in place.

MrE
    Participant

very gentle and polite bump πŸ™‚

rpedde
    Participant

@MrE wrote:

very gentle and polite bump πŸ™‚

You can’t see it from there, but I’m crying a little. πŸ™‚

— Ron

MrE
    Participant

That’s from the stress from working so hard on all those Firefly improvements, nothing to do with me bumping threads πŸ˜€

Don’t worry, in this day and age it’s OK for men to cry!

MrE
    Participant

Hey Ron,

Is there any news on this?

It appears that you are the only one who can provide this.

I would really like to listen to my Oggs via my SoundBridge, something I haven’t been able to do for 8 months now.

Cheers
    Emile

MrE
    Participant

Eh, hello? Hello? Is this mic switched on?

MrE
    Participant

Hi Ron,

I’m sure you’re very busy with lots of other, and no doubt far more important things, but I’d really, really appreciate it if you could spare a moment and help me (and surely others too) with an Ogg Tremor package for the NSLU2 running Debian Etch so that I at long last can listen again to a sizeable chunk of my music collection.

Thanks
    Emile

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.