ogg problem.. whatever

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    fizze
    Participant

Ok, good then.
    On the other side I thought I’d play with permissions, to actually allow mt-daapd’s user execute rights on mt-daapd-ssc.sh ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜‰

..and after my second cup of coffee I thought I’d be generous and actually give /opt/bin/bash o+x as well. Voila, it works. ๐Ÿ™‚

Still, there are some weird tags in my “huge” ogg files that mt-daapd chokes on, and so does winamp 5.x and some other players. My rockbox-based DAP plays them without hassle though, as do olde rversions of winamp.
    Anyway, I stripped them of the tags and now they also work in mt-daapd.

Cheers! ๐Ÿ™‚

CCRDude
    Participant

.ogg has tags of the VorbisComments format. Just a wild guess, but for a time there was a kind of non-standard workaround for including album art in VorbisComments which imho even was widely spread. Since VorbisComments was specified quite clearly to NOT contain huge binary data, it might be that some tag readers or even ogg decoders do not deal well with that non-standard addition. So if a something chokes on an .ogg, I recommend looking up whether it includes album art.

fizze
    Participant

Might also be a worthy hint. In my case the weird thing was that ogginfo did NOT choke on the files. But some versions of winamp, and alias, mt-daapd.

I could clear some ogg files to be accepted by mt-daapd and others, however by completeley stripping the ID3 tags. Only worked for some files. So i guess there was data corruption involved.
    I hope to be able to get to the root of this and make that ogg-tag scanner call a lil more failsafe.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.