NSLU2 and Firefly Setup Issues

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Sam1
    Participant

Yes it would be a pity to have to go through it all again.

I just used windows copy/paste command from Windows explorer

I will try as you suggest when I get home from work this evening and post the results.
    Thanks so far.

fizze
    Participant

Yes, the NSLU2 doesnt break any speed records.
    I got my data on a NTFS drive, which slows it down even more.

Im definetely going to switch to ext3 and probably debonaras too. somewhen. sigh. 🙄

Sam1
    Participant

Wohooo.
    Got it working as last….but I started from scratch…flashed back to Linksys and then to Unslung…..on a newly formatted drive.
    I think that the problem may have been the legacy file format on some of the partitions on the usb drive.

Thanks again for all the help. Linux rocks..I’m definitely going to do a bit more on this. 😉

Donald

@Sam1 wrote:

Wohooo.

Allright. This thread terminated too early for my problem. You were headed down the two drive solution and you didn’t specify how your setup ulimately ended.

I had a single HDD installed on port two which was working great except that the NSLU2 was always accessing it so it wouldn’t spin down. So now I’m trying a flash drive on port one (root) and the HDD on port two both formatted by the NSLU2 to EXT3.

Everthing works – the disks are fully recognized by FTP, explorer, and the web interface.

My problem is Firefly. I can’t get it to see my ‘music’ folder on DISK 2 and I don’t know how to get it to see that folder. I can certainly get Firefly to see any ‘music’ folder anywhere I put it on DISK 1 but setting up DISK 2 completely eludes me.

Thanks,

Donald

cromei
    Participant

one question
    which drive are you unslung to? the flash drive on port 2 or the HDD on disk 1?
    Craig

Donald

@cromei wrote:

one question
    which drive are you unslung to?

I’m unslung to the flash drive on port 1. HDD is on port 2.

Donald

cromei
    Participant

try /share/flash/data/public/

unslung website advises you unsling flash on port 2 and have the HD on port 1, but I don’t thing this is a must as long as both are ext3.
    Craig

Donald

@cromei wrote:

try /share/flash/data/public/
    Craig

Dang:

Error: 500general:mp3_dir

Currently /public/ works – but only on anything I put on DISK 1 in the corresponding directory…

Donald

cromei
    Participant

2 questions…
    1. the HDD used to be unslung so check to see if it still has the .sda1root file, I recall seeing something that both drives having this can be bad.
    2. can you telnet in and cd to the public with your music on the HDD?
    Craig

Donald

@cromei wrote:

1. the HDD used to be unslung so check to see if it still has the .sda1root file, I recall seeing something that both drives having this can be bad.

I reformatted (quick) the previously unslung HDD as an NTFS volume before reformatting again in the NSLU2 web interface as an EXT3 volume. Using my feeble XP tools (telnet and FTP) I can’t find any instance of .sda1root.

@cromei wrote:

2. can you telnet in and cd to the public with your music on the HDD?
    Craig

Yes. Yes I can.

Donald

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.