mt-daapd/firefly on nslu2 install difficulties.

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues mt-daapd/firefly on nslu2 install difficulties.

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

barnseyboy –

Thanks, I’ll take a look!

fizze –

Good tip, but file sizes do match that listed on the nighlies site.

Ron –

I’m glad someone’s seen this before!

I’ve downloaded using a mac and copying it to the slug and also using wget – both of these methods yield the same error at the end. Also, I definitely have the armeb binaries… at least the names are armeb-based, not mipsel.

Ron –

Did you also try downloading from a pc and copying it to a slug, versus actually downloading it from the slug itself.

Apologies for being so hasty. I see you put ‘PC’… I originally thought you meant this generically. I had actually not tried copying the files from a windows box. I tried this today at work and the file appears to work. I observed that OSX was affecting the file in some way (possibly adding some file association data) that may have been responsible.

I can provide additional details on this (including files affected by osx) if anyone wants to take a look?

Can’t completely confirm that the file works, as I haven’t had time to build the dependancies yet – but running the ipkg install on the mt-daapd file does not present the error that previously appeared.

fizze
    Participant

well if you used wget to download it, it hsould have worked as well.
    try and go ahead with a

ipkg install wget

though.
    if it reports conflicts, just use –force-overwrite.

then try and use:

/usr/bin/wget 

this is the REAL wget, and not just busybox’s stuff.

Yes fizze, i agree. However, I did try the wget approach (though only after the manual transfer).

The problem may have occurred because I was simultaneously browsing the path with Finder… I really can’t say for sure.

Anyhoo, it’s working now… I’ve got a couple of general queries which i’ll enter as a new post.

Thanks to everyone for their help/advice/kind words.

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.