mt-daapd Playlist options in webadmin panel not showing up?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues mt-daapd Playlist options in webadmin panel not showing up?

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    frank1980

Many thanks about your kindly reply.
    Of course I restart the server after editing .conf file.

From mt-daapd server, my amarok could find my shared music, and play the share music well.

I changed runas as nobody user even as root, but still no changes, also I changed directory.

rpedde
    Participant

@frank1980 wrote:

Many thanks about your kindly reply.
    Of course I restart the server after editing .conf file.

From mt-daapd server, my amarok could find my shared music, and play the share music well.

I changed runas as nobody user even as root, but still no changes, also I changed directory.

Aaaah… I’m not sure amarok retrieves the playlists. Neither does rhythmbox. I’m not sure about banshee. Not sure why that is — it might be that they don’t have to concept of remote playlists, only locally generated playlists.

In any event, that’s an amarok thing. It may be that you can define smart playlists on the amarok side, though. I’m not really sure.

— Ron

frank1980

Hi Ron, something new here. Maybe it is not about mt-daapd.
    I installed daap kioslave, therefore my konqeror support daap now.But very strange that remote client could see the playlist from my server in konq via daap ioslave, but myself can’t.

Do you have some advice?

BTW: playlist on webadmin still none,but I think it doesn’t matter. Thanks for you help.

rpedde
    Participant

@frank1980 wrote:

Hi Ron, something new here. Maybe it is not about mt-daapd.
    I installed daap kioslave, therefore my konqeror support daap now.But very strange that remote client could see the playlist from my server in konq via daap ioslave, but myself can’t.

Do you have some advice?

BTW: playlist on webadmin still none,but I think it doesn’t matter. Thanks for you help.

The server sends the playlists to whoever wants them. It might be that the kioslave *does* something with the playlists it’s given, but amarok just ignores them. That’s my guess.

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.