m4v through mt-daapd

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

@nathanziarek wrote:

How is work progressing on this?

I’ve noticed the same (or similar) thing: If I use QuickTime to export the movie to an AppleTV profile, the movie appears to stream through mt-daap no problem (not sure how to tell if it is actually streaming vs. copying, but at 50MB, it starts pretty quick). If I just straight rip it with Handbrake (essentially ffmpeg), it doesn’t work at all.

I’m mostly interested in getting video to work, but I’ve got no real programming skill to offer. I’d be happy to continually test out new versions, though and see what I find.

This latest test was on svn-1539.

nate

Did you apply the fast-start fix mentioned above? Since iTunes 7.1, all has been streaming fine for me.

— Ron

nathanziarek
    Participant

I did. It seems to choke on the files I’ve been giving it (the atom isn’t in the right place) but by and large, I think MP4Box does the same thing when using “-hint.” I’ll keep playing to see, but between to two tools, I’m sure something will work…

rpedde
    Participant

@nathanziarek wrote:

I did. It seems to choke on the files I’ve been giving it (the atom isn’t in the right place) but by and large, I think MP4Box does the same thing when using “-hint.” I’ll keep playing to see, but between to two tools, I’m sure something will work…

Give me a yell if you don’t get it, I wouldn’t mind seeing those files myself, or at least the headers of them.

— Ron

arrannen

I know I had a similar problem getting movies to work with firefly…had absolutely NO luck exporting from quicktime pro.

I now use “visual Hub” to export to Itunes/mp4 as it has presets for the likes of ipod video, apple TV, etc and its fast. Still cant play video through Itunes but choosing “source” from the frontrow menu and choosing my daap share, I can access the movies and music and the .mp4 files WILL play through frontrow!

I dont know if it makes much of a difference, but I have specific movies and music folders set up and set up the firefly server to look at both folders.

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.