FireFly Media Server › Firefly Media Server Forums › Firefly Media Server › Setup Issues › iTunes 7.1.1 does not work
- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 16 years ago by Dezi.
17/05/2007 at 8:51 PM #1395
I installed the latest stable debian FireFly version on my Linkstation Live. I can definetly not get FF to work with iTunes 7.1.1 (not on MacOS and not on WindowsXP). There is no firewall and networking problem. I checked this again and again… The FF-Server does not appear in iTunes.
Am I the only one with this problem or is this a known error? Is there any solution?
Dezi.17/05/2007 at 10:05 PM #10800jtbseParticipant
You may need to go to nightlies?
Just FYI, running SVN-1545 on nslu2, and iTunes 18.104.22.168 on Windoze works fine with it (other than being a slow piece of c–p that takes about 2 minutes to load the track listing from my library) 😕17/05/2007 at 10:39 PM #10801
Thanks, I will try that…18/05/2007 at 4:34 PM #10802rpeddeParticipant
Thanks, I will try that…
If it doesn’t show up you have a multicast problem. There are lots of typical problems:
1. Not running the multicast daemon on the linkstation — either it was configured with –disbable-multicast, or run with a -m switch, or configured for howl or avahi without howl or avahi running.
2. Running multiple multicast daemons — using the built-in daemon when the machine is already running howl or avahi.
3. Multicast announcements are firewalled on the server. Sometimes what looks like a permissive firewall blocks stuff to the multicast address range (22.214.171.124/4)
4. Multicast isn’t enabled on router, so multicast on the wireless side isn’t forwarded to the wired side, so the wired client doesn’t see it. Or vice versa.
5. Reciept of multicast is firewalled on server (usually this manifests by it showing up in iTunes when the server is restarted, then disappearing a half hour or so later). Machines should allow UDP 5353 from 126.96.36.199
Those are the likely suspects.
— Ron18/05/2007 at 9:17 PM #10803
Thank you very much for these tipps… 🙂
- The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.