iPhone/iPod Touch native client app

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Add-on Software iPhone/iPod Touch native client app

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Cojayar

Hi Pacopad. I downloaded your application but when I click on my Firefly server it quits automatically.
    Do you have an idea of why? Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Cojayar,
    maybe you have an old version of firefly or your firefly server is passworded protected…

Cheers
    Pacopad

garyaj

Hi Pacopad,

I also have downloaded FireBox.deb from your website and have attempted to use it.

The first problem I found was after I tapped the link to a Firefly server (the two iTunes 9 servers in my household were also listed but I ignored these). A message window popped up with this:

Connexion au serveur
    Obtension des Playlists

and then it sat there for many minutes. I tried pressing the Home button and restarting the app a few times and eventually the message window came and went in a second or so and I then saw a screen with:

Library >

So I tapped on Library and this message window showed:

Chargement en cours
    Playlist en cours de chargement

and once again the ‘busy’ wheel keeps spinning and no matter how many times I stop and restart or just let it run for 30 minutes or more, it never gets past this window.

There are 11,400 tracks in my Firefly library. Is this too many?

I’ve just started developing apps for iPhone and one app hung because an old, corrupt SQLite database was copied when I installed my app. Is that at all possible with FireBox.

Also while I was waiting for the Playlist update one of my iPhone alarms went off but I couldn’t kill FireBox and I couldn’t stop the alarm from sounding. Eventually I had to power off the iPhone and restart. It looks like FireBox is not surrendering control after popping up the ‘Updating’ message window.

Hope this is of use. Are you intending to open the source code to FireBox? The reason I ask is I would like to single-step through it with the debugger to see what’s causing this problem and I need the source for that.

Great app, hope it’s working soon.

Rgds

Gary

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Pacopad,

I’ve been looking for a DAAP client for the iPhone/iPodTouch for some time so was interested to try your app.

Unfortunately, I seem to get the same initial error as GaryAJ. That is, after selecting my Firefly server, I get a box saying “Connexion au serveur. Obtension des Playlists”. I’ve left it running for over half an hour and also tried stopping it and trying again, but it doesn’t seem to get any further. The screen does appear to show the Playlists listed on the Firefly webserver. I currently have about 4300 songs on the server.

Regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

As mentioned in a previous post and I’m paraphrasing – “are you on an old version or is your server password protected

The reason I highlighted the password protection is because that’s the bug (or “lack of feature”) that bit me right now.

I couldn’t get to it until I removed the password for the clients. (Admin still has password…)

That allows my client to connect and get the playlists. I can then go in and play the items in the playlist.

-P

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have version 1586 and it is not password protected. And still does not work. With 1696 it is not stable.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi , maybe you got too much song , i got less in my library ,

my project ‘s name changed , it’s now tunesbox, i’ll post a version soon

I should try with a little playlist to test

Best regards
    Pacopad

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your effor Pacopad.

The number of songs could be a reason. Currently over 11.000 and not yet finished ripping.
    I’ll keep an eye to your cydia repository. Are you going to use it too for your new tool?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Cojayar, here is the link of the last version : http://pacopad.free.fr/TunesBox.app.zip

In fact, Cydia repo is quite hard to maintain because , you cant post directly the Xcode compiled version , you have to make a special one :(. So try to install directly the app , maybe your device should be patch for mobile installation with appsync or so . Tell me if you got matter to install this version , think about testing with a little playlist to see if it works

Cheers
    Pacopad

Anonymous
    Inactive

thats funny… i searched the web in the hope of finding a iphone client, but no success.
    now that i started implementing my own client, i see your post hehehe.
    but well…
    i tried your app but it just shows me an empty tableview with a rightbarbuttonitem +.
    but it doesn’t do anything…

how far did you get with your client?
    maybe you have a new version?
    wanna try out my stuff?

greets

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘Add-on Software’ is closed to new topics and replies.