Installing on Intel SS4000-E (general Linux question)

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Installing on Intel SS4000-E (general Linux question)

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@rpedde wrote:

Daapd works for daap clients, but not for the pinnacle — it’s not licensed for daap.

— Ron

sry, but what do you mean with “pinnacle”? is it a special client software or device?!?

cstern
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Inactive

i have also compiled icecast2 and ices. have you tried this?
    but be aware, the cpu of the SS4000-E isnt powerfull enought for re-encoding music files. thats the negative part. but if you directly stream audio it works great. have tested it with winamp and itunes.

// frank

Anonymous
    Inactive

@cstern wrote:

Oh, I see. But how can I then make sure I got all the supporting libraries etc – is there a check list somewhere? On the Synology DS107 it was very easy since i could use ipkg which automagically got everything in place.

on a linuxbox you can type: “ldd ” to see which libraries are needed for this binary to run.

// frank

brad.chapin
    Participant

Frank,
    I haven’t heard of icecast/ices, but I wouldn’t mind trying out something new and seeing if there’s some different functionality might be useful. I didn’t find it as a download on your website, but saw the instructions for downloading, compiling, etc. Do you have an easy to follow install and compiled code?
    Thanks,
    Brad

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.