How to Unpoison a Slug?

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    davesanti
    Participant

Patrick.. I have seen the same script material and was a little reluctant to try it.. then again after all the playing around I have done on the SLug.. maybe..

I only have FF running on the Slug. Maybe I am wrong, but it seems to me that the HDD was rarely spun down before when I was unslung to it. Unslung to the flash, the HDD is rarely not spun down except in use.

My FF logs show that it makes a time adjustment of some sort (xxx ticks or whatever) occasionally (probably several times a day) and I think that it wakes up the HDD when it does. I did move the FF log to the flash drive to see if it would help.

Dave

fizze
    Participant

Unslung runs several cron jobs that DO poke around attached devices.
    That is, let alone the swap.

These have nothing to do with Firefly if you have disabled the scan interval.
    Besides, if you only run firefly with a moderate library (less tahn 20k songs), you can safely disable swap.

davesanti
    Participant

I dont think I mind the swap too much….I dont care what it is doing when it running FF or even other processes that access the HDD.

Fizze, when the Slug runs the various cron jobs does it poke at an HDD even if it is unslung to the flash.

BTW, I wasnt referring to the scan interval on FF which I agree would cause the Slug to poke at the HDD. I moved the log location from the HDD to the flash. FF has been logging some kind of adjustment several times a day and I was trying to avoid it having to write to the HDD to do so… of course I have also increased the number or write cycles to the flash by doing this.

Dave

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.